The environment thread

BigSqwert

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
Well this is interesting. A man was apparently upset that the Discovery Channel wasn't doing enough to save the planet, so he has now gone in with at least a gun and taken hostages.

Weird.

I mentioned that in the catch-all earlier. If you're interested...here's the cached webpage that appears to be his legitimate list of demands.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
I'd never even heard of that person until I saw this.

She's been on Bill Mahr's show a few times. Pretty smart, quick witted woman. What's funny is that she's agnostic but still thinks the attack on the religious right exists. I tend to agree.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
She's been on Bill Mahr's show a few times. Pretty smart, quick witted woman. What's funny is that she's agnostic but still thinks the attack on the religious right exists. I tend to agree.

Welcome to the agnostic fold. We're happy to add you to our ranks.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)

I wish there was a larger attack.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)

Maybe if the religious right minded their own f***ing business, as their supposed conservative ideals would dictate, they wouldn't be under attack.

Yeah, white male Christian privilege disappearing isn't exactly a bad thing. I'm not sure why a self-described agnostic would support the religious right and their theocratic motives, but I haven't read anything she's written so I don't know what her argument is beyond Hannity supporting her.

eta: going to have to disagree on the "smart, wity" description of Cupp based on this.

“The debate over the legitimacy of evolution isn’t really about a battle between fact and fiction. It’s about Christianity, and the liberal media’s attempt to eradicate it from all corners of society.
She's right about the former, wrong about the later. Very, very, very wrong.

Back on topic, this guy's ideas on population control are pretty abhorrent, but I think the discussion of "hey, maybe having 5, 6+ kids in a developed country with low infant mortality isn't the best idea" is a good one.

Edited by StrangeSox

from the same link:

[Posted at 11:43 a.m.] U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Bill Colclough tells CNN that all 13 workers involved in the rig explosion are accounted for, but one person is injured.

Coast Choppers are on the way to the site 80 miles south of Vermilion Bay.

I'm not a petro engineer. Hopefully this is just some sort of accident on the rig and not another blowout.