Players say Everett Will Fit in Clubhouse

Cali

From CS.com Here's the whole thing for those registered.

Before completing a trade for Rangers outfielder Carl Everett late Tuesday, general manager Ken Williams asked a handful of White Sox players how the move would go over in the clubhouse.

"I got nothing but positive responses," Williams said. "We looked into everything because I love the way these guys have bonded."

Everett has a reputation for being intense to the point of combustible, but the Sox appear ready to welcome him.

"Once the game starts, he plays as hard as anybody in the league," said Brain Daubach, a former Red Sox teammate. "That's all you can ask for."

Said Frank Thomas: "He's a sparkplug, a fiery guy. I've heard they've had no problems out of him in Texas this year, so he's a welcome addition, a true pro who plays hard. We'll definitely stick up for him and make him part of this family."

Jose Valentin said the additions of Everett and Roberto Alomar could do wonders for the offense.

"I don't know if this is the best lineup in all of baseball now," he said, "but some pitchers are going to have a tough time sleeping the night before."

To make room for Everett, the Sox plan to designate Armando Rios for assignment.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Let the guy go out and play. Just like Phil Jackson did With Dennis Rodman. Tell him hey i don't care what the hell you do, Game time you bring your game face on.. Ohh and of course use it

This lineup is arguably the best on paper. If guys like Valentin, Thomas, and Maggs hit like they did in 2000 along with Konerko (which isn't going to happen) and the newly acquired Alomar and Everett playing their best it probably is the best lineup in baseball. That's 5 all stars and another good hitter there. Unfortunately Konerko most likely won't get out of his slump anytime soon and I have a hard time believing all 5 of those guys can get hot at the same time. But if they do.....(starts drooling and fantasizing about a WS title)

For cry's sake, we had Albert "Asshole" Belle, and the players dealt with him for 3 years. I don't buy into that "nice guy" crap. As long as Everett produces and makes the team better, you can deal with him.

It's very simple. If you don't like him or his attitude, or if you don't want to associate with him, then STAY THE HELL AWAY. It's not that hard to figure out.

Just play and WIN. That's it. Period - new paragraph.

As Jim Leyland once said - "Chemistry is something that pimply-faced kids learn in high school." AMEN. Plus, this team's chemistry has sucked for the better part of a year, and somehow they've gotten over it and are in a slight hot streak, correct?

I'm not worried about the chemistry.  Robbie will be here with big brother to kick his ass if needed.  And if Showalter endorsing Everett to that degree, I'll take my chances.

despite his problems ive always kind of liked everett...he plays the game the right way...he's an excellent situational hitter...in '00 at a game at comiskey he was CF for boston and maggs hit a shot in the gap that i thought had triple written all over it..out of no where everett comes flying throught the air and snags it as he crashes head first into the fence in RC field..was the greatest catch ive ever seen in person...i couldnt believe how much ground he covered....if thats the everett we are getting fans here will fall in love with this guy in a hurry

Exactly. Team chemistry is nice, and it's a great excuse if it works, but it's overrated.

Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Bill Dickey HATED each other - yet they won rings. Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, and Gene Tenace HATED each other - yet they won rings. The 1990 Reds had players that loathed each other - yet they won a ring.

That chemistry stuff is as overrated as "New Coke." Piss on it. If they win and bring us a pennant, I could care less if they try to light each other on fire.

Baggio,

f*** France. :usa :D

I was in Paris 3 years ago, and this guy was speaking French to my wife. We had my sister with us on the trip - she speaks French. When she told me what he was saying, well, needless to say, I blasted him upside his chin.

:usa

French people have hairy chests, they smell like B.O. and piss, and their teeth are black. And now let's talk about the men. :finger

Exactly.  Team chemistry is nice, and it's a great excuse if it works, but it's overrated. 

Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Bill Dickey HATED each other - yet they won rings.  Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, and Gene Tenace HATED each other - yet they won rings.  The 1990 Reds had players that loathed each other - yet they won a ring.

That chemistry stuff is as overrated as "New Coke."  Piss on it.  If they win and bring us a pennant, I could care less if they try to light each other on fire.

chemisty IS important in one way, that youre overlooking. Those players may have disliked eachother, but they had the bond of wanting to win. TO ME chemistry is not liking eachother, but having eachothers back.......players who do not care about winning do not do that. CHEMISTRY IS IMPORTANT, but the guys dont need to be buddies.

Baggio,

f*** France. :usa  :D

I was in Paris 3 years ago, and this guy was speaking French to my wife.  We had my sister with us on the trip - she speaks French.  When she told me what he was saying, well, needless to say, I blasted him upside his chin. 

:usa

French people have hairy chests, they smell like B.O. and piss, and their teeth are black.  And now let's talk about the men. :finger

i had similiar experiences when i traveled through france in the 80's...very unhappy people

Bmr,

This team wants to win. And I don't know what lit the fire under their asses, but thank you to whatever did.

I'm not a Carlos Lee fan, and don't take this the wrong way, but a month ago, I don't think he makes that dive he did last night. This team is coming together, and like the team in the movie Major League - they're saying, "Let's win the whole f***ing thing."

Be afraid, A.L. opponents. Be very afraid. :bringit

Bmr,

This team wants to win.  And I don't know what lit the fire under their asses, but thank you to whatever did.

I'm not a Carlos Lee fan, and don't take this the wrong way, but a month ago, I don't think he makes that dive he did last night.  This team is coming together, and like the team in the movie Major League - they're saying, "Let's win the whole f***ing thing."

Be afraid, A.L. opponents.  Be very afraid.  :bringit

Agree 100 percent and i can guarantee you guys like alomar and everett are only going to help that cause..........

We're going to Europe again next Spring - France won't be on our stops.

If I wanted to smell women who smelled like B.O. and tuna, I would just hang out in dark alleys in the south side of Chicago.

France sucks. :fyou

Bmr,

This team wants to win.  And I don't know what lit the fire under their asses, but thank you to whatever did.

I'm not a Carlos Lee fan, and don't take this the wrong way, but a month ago, I don't think he makes that dive he did last night.  This team is coming together, and like the team in the movie Major League - they're saying, "Let's win the whole f***ing thing."

The very first guy that I noticed that seemed to pick up his hustle and desire was Carlos Lee. He started trying to make something happen, whether on the base paths or with the glove. He took awhile with the bat, but if any one player lit a fire under the Sox, from what I saw it was Carlos.

Bmr,

The very first guy that I noticed that seemed to pick up his hustle and desire was Carlos Lee. He started trying to make something happen, whether on the base paths or with the glove. He took awhile with the bat, but if any one player lit a fire under the Sox, from what I saw it was Carlos.

Ive noticed Frank hustling and looking more postive too.

Bmr,

Be afraid, A.L. opponents.  Be very afraid.     :bringit

Ive noticed Frank hustling and looking more postive too.

You are right. But I saw it out of Carlos a lot sooner than I did big Frank. Playing 1b has sparked Frank.

I thought Frank was done. Obviously, and happily, I was WRONG.

Hey, his RBI numbers are nowhere where they used to be, but let's be honest here, he had crap batting in front of him for 3 months. Normally, players put up better stats in the first half, but look for Frank to drive in 65-75 runs in the second half. This team is primed to pound the hell out of the ball.

I expect Frank and Maggs to top 120 RBI's - even though neither has 50 at this point. You'll see.

Oh yeah - one more thing. GOODBYE D'ANGELOSER. You are a loser - and only a team that is a loser will sign you. So you'll either end up in Tampa Bay, Detroit, or on the North Side of Chicago. :headbang

I thought Frank was done.  Obviously, and happily, I was WRONG.

Hey, his RBI numbers are nowhere where they used to be, but let's be honest here, he had crap batting in front of him for 3 months.  Normally, players  put up better stats in the first half, but look for Frank to drive in 65-75 runs in the second half.  This team is primed to pound the hell out of the ball.

I expect Frank and Maggs to top 120 RBI's - even though neither has 50 at this point.  You'll see. 

Oh yeah - one more thing.  GOODBYE D'ANGELOSER.  You are a loser - and only a team that is a loser will sign you.  So you'll either end up in Tampa Bay, Detroit, or on the North Side of Chicago. :headbang

I think we just figured out how to solve the Cubs problems at 3rd base! LOL

I thought Frank was done.  Obviously, and happily, I was WRONG.

Hey, his RBI numbers are nowhere where they used to be, but let's be honest here, he had crap batting in front of him for 3 months.  Normally, players  put up better stats in the first half, but look for Frank to drive in 65-75 runs in the second half.  This team is primed to pound the hell out of the ball.

I expect Frank and Maggs to top 120 RBI's - even though neither has 50 at this point.  You'll see. 

Oh yeah - one more thing.  GOODBYE D'ANGELOSER.  You are a loser - and only a team that is a loser will sign you.  So you'll either end up in Tampa Bay, Detroit, or on the North Side of Chicago. :headbang

"GOODBYE D'ANGELOSER."

lmao..good one