New Television season

juddling

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I was the only one I knew interested in 'Cavemen' and I missed it, hope it goes on demand.

Though I heard it had already gotten bad reviews, they had to revamp the pilot and still got bad reviews, so I was a little less interested (a lot of people who actually watched saying it sucked different then people just hating the idea), but you never know

I've been watching a little bit more George Lopez now with Nick/the U shoving it down my throat, not as bad as I thought it was, hot wife and daughter and he wore a Aparicio Sox jersey on the show

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 08:39 AM)
I didn't watch it but I just can't see any way how that show would be good.

Thats because there is no way it can be funny. They were even pimping the show on Dancing with the Stars, and it wasnt funny then either.

And the creators of the show tried to say it wasnt about racism as well. right

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 08:48 AM)
Thats because there is no way it can be funny. They were even pimping the show on Dancing with the Stars, and it wasnt funny then either.

And the creators of the show tried to say it wasnt about racism as well. right

But that is how it COULD be funny. If somebody with talent for on board and actually attacked racism in a smart way. But from what I heard is that it is all obvious type of stuff. Maybe if it wasn't from the Cavemen viewpoint, but rather an All In The Family view, with the racist being the main focal point trying to live next to these Cavemen and dealing with their ways.

The main problem, IMO, is that the jokes will all be stale by the end of the first half of the show, and from there you have nothing but an ugly make-up to stare at.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
The show got better as it went on - even I was turned off a bit by the first week but I kept with it and it got a decent following. Having it on Fridays is going to hurt I'd imagine.

And yeah, winning state in season one was kinda meh.

I started following later on and it definitely got better and better. I don't get why it was moved to Friday's though, luckily my DVR can stay home on Friday and I'll just watch it some other day.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
I started following later on and it definitely got better and better. I don't get why it was moved to Friday's though, luckily my DVR can stay home on Friday and I'll just watch it some other day.

Yeah I thought it got better and better. I don't really care about them winning State cause there is so much more to the show than the football games. Umm isn't a large part of their fan base most likely busy on Friday nights?? Dumb move.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 07:06 AM)
Watched 30 Rock last night. I had only seen a clip here and there. That was a pretty darn-tooting funny show!

isnt Alec Baldwin perfect in his role? you should check out some of last season, especially the episode where he has to maneuver against his gay counterpart trying to get his job.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
Friday Night Lights did everything in it's power to annoy me tonight.

I agree. I watched every episode last season and was actually excited for this one. To me it seems like theyre too far all over the place and has strayed farther away from football than last season. Also that ending was a little extreme for a show that is supposed to be about high school football.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 02:57 AM)
I agree. I watched every episode last season and was actually excited for this one. To me it seems like theyre too far all over the place and has strayed farther away from football than last season. Also that ending was a little extreme for a show that is supposed to be about high school football.

Exactly my thoughts. Obviously they're trying to make it edgier to see if the ratings improve, but it got away from the fun of the show.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 04:21 AM)
I liked Back to You and Kitchen Nightmares on FOX. Also, loving the Sarah Silverman Program.

Eagerly awaiting I Love New York 2 for some reason, and the Salt N Pepa Show and Project Runway.

Morning radio broke me of good TV. Just bad reality fare for me thank you.

Maybe it's just me but I watch the Sarah Silverman show and if i laugh more than once i'm surprised. She's pretty hot to look at but to me her comedy isn't that great. Then again....maybe it's just me because I think The Office and Arrested Development weren't all that funny either. (though AD had me laughing a few times).

Kitchen Nightmares is a fun little show. I really love it when the people on the show finally realize he isn't a jerk, he's just extremely passionate about the line of work, and a perfectionist. As soon as they start doing the job properly, he becomes a nice guy.

My sattelite went out on Tuesday, so I've missed an entire week of shows. Pisses me off.

Is it wrong to actually find some humor in 2 And A Half Men. I laugh from time to time, and I know I shouldn't. But, sometimes it's pretty risque, and I really get taken by surprise.