Complain about your In-Laws thread

sox4lifeinPA

This thread is a long time coming, I'm sure for many...nay...everyone with in-laws.

My sister in-law wants to go on a hike for her birthday. A HIKE! She's f***ing 28. A Hike? Let's meet up at Chuck E Cheese's afterward for a pizza party. I've already announced that we're going to play paintball for my birthday and EVERYONE must attend.

ghey.

:bringit I want to hear your complaints.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
Eh, no real complaints about mine. Any I do have, they don't deserve a public airing on a message board. I respect my family too much. But this is just me.

ok great, what's the name of your high horse again?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
Get out and go for a hike with your sister-in-law, you big lardass tub of goo. :)

Hiking, diving, canoeing/kayaking are among the things I most like to do. What the hell are you complaining about?

you're probably right. I just tend to rebel against anything that's enforced on me. and it's the ONE saturday I've had off in like 3 months.

she owes me big.

I have no complaints about my mother and father in law but my sister in law is a whole different story.

Every time we get together, all she talks about is her job. She is a assistant to one of the mif-level bosses, but i swear to God the way she tells it you would think the company would shut down if she ever took a day off. Also, if i was her boss and she talked to me half as bad as she says she talks to her bosses i would have booted her fat ass a long time ago.

Her son drives me up the wall as well. Well...he's gotten better as the years have gone by (he's 7 or 8 now) but i know when he was younger, he wa beyond a handful. I couldn't stand it when my sister in law would come over..let her son go off with my younger girl and then just completely ignore him. It was either Grandma or Grandpa saying "Cody..don't do that!" or my oldest saying "Stop that".

I got fed up one time and told her to watch her own damn kid. It wasn't my responsibility and it sure wasn't my daughtes either. Then the excuses came....."he's got ADD" "He's just a kid" "His father let's him do what he wants not me). I called BS on those. He only saw his dad every other weekend and if he was getting put in line the other 12 days of the 14 then those two with dad wouldn't effect him that bad. What that kid needed was a good kick in the ass. She would just grab him and yell but you could easily see him just look at her and zone it out since it happened all the time.

Imagine my in-laws surprise when at my house one time he wasn't listening and i grabbed his arm and whacked his ass 8 or 9 times. i know my sister in law was pissed and my inlaws were taken aback but i simply looked at my sister in law and said "My kids don't act like this in my house and your's aren't going to either."

I was so glad that my wife agreed with me. Again...my nephew is older and alot better but for a while there he didn't act up when i was around and i was very happy about it.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
Get out and go for a hike with your sister-in-law, you big lardass tub of goo. :)

Hiking, diving, canoeing/kayaking are among the things I most like to do. What the hell are you complaining about?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
Hiking is cool, provided it's in the right environment. I know some that would consider a stroll on a paved path in forest preserve a "hike."

IMO, hikes should contain limited to zero time on pavement and should ideally have a midpoint/end at some scenic destination.

Gorp rules.

These guys are wrong. Stay out of the woods, it's bad enough I can't shake you in cyberspace :lol:

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
ok great, what's the name of your high horse again?

No high horse, I just find it amazing how often I see people airing personal crap on message boards. I'm sure my mother-in-law would love to see me posting about her to people on an internet board. Sorry I chose your thread to mention this on.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
No high horse, I just find it amazing how often I see people airing personal crap on message boards. I'm sure my mother-in-law would love to see me posting about her to people on an internet board. Sorry I chose your thread to mention this on.

you're right. Because you have no idea who my sister in law is and no one ever posts personal stuff about themselves on this message board.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
Hiking is cool, provided it's in the right environment. I know some that would consider a stroll on a paved path in forest preserve a "hike."

IMO, hikes should contain limited to zero time on pavement and should ideally have a midpoint/end at some scenic destination.

Gorp rules.

:notworthy

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:33 AM)
For the most part, my in-laws have been nicer to me than my own blood relatives.

My in laws are great as well. My mother in law watches our kids 2 days a week, so my wife can work part time. We pay her, but she winds up spending what we pay her on our kids. Both of my in laws are selfless and are always helping out. I feel pretty lucky with what I wound up with as an extended family.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
My in laws are great as well. My mother in law watches our kids 2 days a week, so my wife can work part time. We pay her, but she winds up spending what we pay her on our kids. Both of my in laws are selfless and are always helping out. I feel pretty lucky with what I wound up with as an extended family.

That's my sentiment as well... the only problem I face is that mrs pa is the youngest of three, and the older brother and sister are single and getting older and older and more resentful towards me and her. Hence the complaint: forced on a hike to celebrate a sister-in-law's bday who resents that I'm there in the first place.

can't win.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:06 AM)
you're right. Because you have no idea who my sister in law is and no one ever posts personal stuff about themselves on this message board.

Nah I know. But that second part, that is why I said I was sorry for posting it in your thread. I see it all the time and I never really understood it. I was serious by saying I was sorry for posting it in your thread. I'd ixnay it now...but it now would make other posts look odd.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
Nah I know. But that second part, that is why I said I was sorry for posting it in your thread. I see it all the time and I never really understood it. I was serious by saying I was sorry for posting it in your thread. I'd ixnay it now...but it now would make other posts look odd.

it'sallgood.

I understand your sentiment. I'm sure no one cares, but it's cathartic at minimum to just get it out. I couldn't post it on my blog, because too many people I know in real life read that, so I figure the anonmyity of soxtalk would allow my to vent the annoyance of selfish people in my life and perhaps others could relate.

isn't that really what this whole thing is about? relating? In some way, every single person on this web site is lacking in their non-internet reality connection on a subject or subjects and thusly look for relationships via the net? It's certainly a commentary on our society or at least the human condition. We all desire consistent relationships and connections with people in the areas that we are most interested. We even configure our own likes and dislikes based on what others think (whether anyone wants to admit that or not) because by doing so, we create more stable relationships to which we can connect.

I should have been a sociologist or something.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
it'sallgood.

I understand your sentiment. I'm sure no one cares, but it's cathartic at minimum to just get it out. I couldn't post it on my blog, because too many people I know in real life read that, so I figure the anonmyity of soxtalk would allow my to vent the annoyance of selfish people in my life and perhaps others could relate.

isn't that really what this whole thing is about? relating? In some way, every single person on this web site is lacking in their non-internet reality connection on a subject or subjects and thusly look for relationships via the net? It's certainly a commentary on our society or at least the human condition. We all desire consistent relationships and connections with people in the areas that we are most interested. We even configure our own likes and dislikes based on what others think (whether anyone wants to admit that or not) because by doing so, we create more stable relationships to which we can connect.

I should have been a sociologist or something.

Actually, my problem with it is that I think people care too much when they shouldn't. Ya know? It's just an extension of reality TV in a way. Who I am related to and what they do should be of no concern of others, but the public at large just wants to know for some reason. I'm sure the reason more people aren't jumping on this thread is because your original post isn't nasty enough. Most people probably had a reaction of "pfft...hiking". No, post something really "saucy" about your sister-in-law and the post total will go longer than the McDonalds thread.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
Actually, my problem with it is that I think people care too much when they shouldn't. Ya know? It's just an extension of reality TV in a way. Who I am related to and what they do should be of no concern of others, but the public at large just wants to know for some reason. I'm sure the reason more people aren't jumping on this thread is because your original post isn't nasty enough. Most people probably had a reaction of "pfft...hiking". No, post something really "saucy" about your sister-in-law and the post total will go longer than the McDonalds thread.

did I leave out that I shot her in the face with a paint ball gun? :lol: