Something for JR to ponder

gosox41

Can anyone think of another team that was under .500 the last 2 seasons, include one 96 loss season while outspending the rest of their division?

Because I unforutnately can, and I don't want to ever but up such patheticness (I just made that word up) as the Cubs.

It's time for KW to get it right and for the Sox not to finish beging teams that spend 2/3 of what the Sox spend.

I think the honeymoon is over for me from what KW did in 2005. I'll never forget it, but I'll also never for get how bad the team was the last year and a half considering the money KW now is able to spend. And I'll be pretty pissed next year if we do worse then the Twins and their $60 mill. payroll (let alone the Tigers and Indians).

Unless I'm mistaken, the Sox have only finished higher then the Twins once under the KW regime- in 2005. And while we have the Series, and the Twins don't doesn't mean I want to spend the next 7 years watching them outplay us.

Bob

I would think KW and Oz both will be starting new next year.

As much as I'd love to give them lifetime passes for the WS title, it's time to

do better.

Seeing Myers and Macdougal today made me cringe again and pray both of them

are gone as well as never seeing Sisco, Aardsma, Masset, Erstad again.

Uribe can take a hike too.

As well as Jose.

Bye guys.

money doesn't equal talent, there are so many players in baseball who get paid way too much money

we need to stop dumping so much money into players that aren't great and figure out other methods of acquiring good talent (hello draft/scouts), look at the twins/indians and their payroll and then put it up next to their players, they aren't really making very much money sans a select few, and yet they're pretty amazing talent-wise as a team

right now in terms of pure talent, i'd say we're 3rd or 4th in the division

1/2/3 Indians/Tigers/Twins in no particular order, then we're 4th and KC 5th

sure, we have some sluggers who can pump out 30-40 a year with around 100 RBI's, and we have one reliable starting pitcher (i love Javy but he hasn't reached that "Reliable" status yet), and our closer seems to be coming around but it all tails off from there

we need more talent on this team, and it seems that we won't be able to count on our scouts or minor league coaches to get it, so i guess we have to take approach B: overpay for decent players

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 04:01 AM)
money doesn't equal talent, there are so many players in baseball who get paid way too much money

we need to stop dumping so much money into players that aren't great and figure out other methods of acquiring good talent (hello draft/scouts), look at the twins/indians and their payroll and then put it up next to their players, they aren't really making very much money sans a select few, and yet they're pretty amazing talent-wise as a team

right now in terms of pure talent, i'd say we're 3rd or 4th in the division

1/2/3 Indians/Tigers/Twins in no particular order, then we're 4th and KC 5th

sure, we have some sluggers who can pump out 30-40 a year with around 100 RBI's, and we have one reliable starting pitcher (i love Javy but he hasn't reached that "Reliable" status yet), and our closer seems to be coming around but it all tails off from there

we need more talent on this team, and it seems that we won't be able to count on our scouts or minor league coaches to get it, so i guess we have to take approach B: overpay for decent players

So we will be following the Cubs model.

Bob

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
They had the money and they knew they weren't going to have to win 95 games. It was a no brainer.

I don't mean the $300 million spent this past off season. I mean the Cubs model since the mid-90's. Overpaying decent to below average talent, neglecting the farm system, and the worst part having a sucky team.

Bob

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
I don't mean the $300 million spent this past off season. I mean the Cubs model since the mid-90's. Overpaying decent to below average talent, neglecting the farm system, and the worst part having a sucky team.

Bob

They did just enough to keep the alcoholics buying their beer. When the Sox won, the drunks suddenly demanded a little more than a couple of big names and a loss.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 11:44 PM)
They did just enough to keep the alcoholics buying their beer. When the Sox won, the drunks suddenly demanded a little more than a couple of big names and a loss.

Bingo.

Prior to 2005 it didn't really, in the grand scheme of things, matter if the Cubs were a winning baseball team. There were butts in seats and high ratings of TV and Radio, all that the Tribune Company cared about.