Candidate Spouses

Texsox

Hillary's spouse arguably has the best political credentials of any of the candidate spouses. I've been reading a bit about Cindy McCain and am very impressed

Cindy McCain's Volunteer Efforts / About Cindy McCain / Informing You / Home

Cindy McCain has long been an advocate for children everywhere and their health care needs in particular. She founded and ran the American Voluntary medical team (AVMT) from 1988-1995. AVMT provided emergency medical and surgical care to impoverished children throughout the world. Cindy led 55 medical missions to third world and war-torn countries during AVMT's seven years of existence. In recent years, Cindy has dedicated the bulk of her volunteer time to three international organizations: The HALO Trust, Operation Smile and CARE.

The HALO Trust is a non-profit organization dedicated to landmine removal and weapons destruction in war-torn countries. HALO has 7,000 mine clearers in ten countries in Central Asia, the Caucasus, Southeast Asia, Africa and the Balkans. As a member of the Board of Trustees for the HALO Trust, Cindy has traveled to Sri Lanka, Mozambique, Angola and recently returned from her second visit to Cambodia. On each mission, she has observed the mine clearing process and seen the impact HALO has had in people's lives by removing landmines. She has worked tirelessly to raise awareness of HALO's life saving work. "It is impossible to describe the emotion of watching villages erected before your eyes as recently cleared land is handed back to its once displaced people."

Cindy also serves on the Board of Directors of Operation Smile, a non-profit organization whose mission is to repair cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities for children around the world. Operation Smile also works to build partnerships between the public and private sector to advocate for sustainable healthcare systems for families. Since its founding in 1982, Operation Smile has provided free reconstructive surgery to over 100,000 children and young adults in 25 countries. Cindy has assisted on volunteer missions in Morocco, India and Vietnam. During those trips she has seen firsthand the life changing effects of Operation Smile's work.

Cindy recently joined the CARE, USA Board of Directors and traveled to Tanzania with CARE in February, 2007. CARE works to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty to help all people become self-sufficient. Special emphasis is placed on working with women including the development of community based efforts to improve basic education, increase access to clean water, prevent the spread of HIV and expand economic opportunities. CARE also provides emergency aid to disaster survivors and helps people rebuild their lives.

Read Cindy McCain's Full Biography

I did not start this thread to tout Cindy as the end all in spouses, I do not know much of anything about the other spouses, but Cindy does seem genuine.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
Hey, at least we know Kucinich wouldn't stray or play while at work. . . because he doesn't need to. :lol:

Two thoughts, somewhere there is a supermodel and a guy who's tired of putting up with her s***.

and

She's too hot for him.

Candidate's spouces, and families in general, matter about as much as they involved themselves in the campaign. Mostly they don't matter. But if they want to go onto all of the Sunday news magazines, and the daily talkshows, then they become involved. If they go that route, what they say becomes fair game.

The big thing I would like to see is the kids left out of it. They don't need that life.

I like her even more...

AN Essex girl may be the first lady with a tongue stud to have set her sights on the White House. The wife of Dennis Kucinich, a left-wing Democratic congressman and 2008 presidential candidate, is a 29-year-old hippie chick from Upminster at the end of London Underground’s District line.

Full Article

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
I like here even more...

Full Article

Her mother runs a healing and therapy centre and passed on her love of new age philosophy to her daughter.

Looks like we have a case of the hippies. We will have to spray before more of them come here and multiply.

sp902_Die_Hippy_Die.jpg

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
Like high school...I chose to focus on Cs, rather than As

You must have had a 4.0 :P

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
Okay, that was funny.

Thank you for giving me permission to laugh :lol:

Nice one PA. :notworthy