Contributions to Political Campaigns

Texsox

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 05:48 AM)
I would say the same because that's not how they do their bidding.

Which isn't so differentthan groups like the Swifties, etc. Nothing new there.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
Except by doing this you are creating a "ruling class." Only the people who can afford to be in government, run the government and we're stuck choosing which money gets protected by voting for the rich guy we like best.

Take a look at my post about the net worth of each of the Presidential candidates and tell me honestly how this does not exsist today. We haven't had a middle class President in our lifetime for sure. To be honest, I couldn't tell you the last time in our history that has happened. We have a ruling class now.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
Take a look at my post about the net worth of each of the Presidential candidates and tell me honestly how this does not exsist today. We haven't had a middle class President in our lifetime for sure. To be honest, I couldn't tell you the last time in our history that has happened. We have a ruling class now.

There are a couple or three of those guys with net worths that are semi-pedestrian for professionals of their age. But most of them are indeed rich, very rich, filthy rich or disgustingly rich.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
There are a couple or three of those guys with net worths that are semi-pedestrian for professionals of their age. But most of them are indeed rich, very rich, filthy rich or disgustingly rich.

And the 'semi-pedestrians' don't stand a chance.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 08:40 AM)

According to what we have been told during this campaign cycle, they are all "rich" according to their incomes.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
According to what we have been told during this campaign cycle, they are all "rich" according to their incomes.

They certainly are not worrying about the high cost of medical insurance.