Will Carroll is a jackass

CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Classy move on their part. I see they are still bitter over 2005.

Seriously, so theyre right what, once out of every 2 or 3 seasons? thats either 50% or 33%, either way they fail.

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 01:29 AM)
Seriously, so theyre right what, once out of every 2 or 3 seasons? thats either 50% or 33%, either way they fail.

If you look at PECOTA this year their projections were actually very good.

My hate is more directed at Carroll. If I'm reading correctly, Carroll didn't have a whole lot to do with PECOTA yet he's pimping it like it's his creation.

Will Carroll is also right, while our moron of a GM says talent isn't the problem, and will see otherwise when we go 77-85 next season due to our age, one dimensional young players, and "keeping fiscal sanity", thus avoiding making big moves on the FA market.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
Will Carroll is also right, while our moron of a GM says talent isn't the problem, and will see otherwise when we go 77-85 next season due to our age, one dimensional young players, and "keeping fiscal sanity", thus avoiding making big moves on the FA market.

I actually see the White Sox signing a CFer, so until that doesn't happen, I'm not buying a word you're saying.

KW realizes the team is f***ed up; he just also sees a pretty solid core there.

I'd rather see him blowing the s*** up, but whatever.

Does anyone know how accurate their individual player projections were that lead to their prediction of 72-90? I know PECOTA usually undervalues our pitchers, and I'm sure they didn't predict every position player except Thome to be below average offensively. You can take one right or three lefts and still end up in the same place.

Is it worth pointing out how ridiculously wrong they were about the Twins?

I mean, I don't mind BP really (I find some of their stuff interesting even if I couldn't get through 'Baseball Between the Numbers'), but this seems like a jackass thing to do, especially when on the same link that they predicted the Sox being 72-90, they predicted the Twins being 90-72 despite their horrid (in my opinion) offseason.

You guys realize the he wrote that for soxtalk, right?

BP, like many sites, has the capability of seeing where their traffic comes from; ie. what sites link to them.

I'm guessing that we were the most entertaining monkeys that Mr. Carroll could poke a stick at and get a visceral response out of for his own enjoyment.

Congratulations.

You've all been Punk'd by a third rate sports website that got lucky.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Is it worth pointing out how ridiculously wrong they were about the Twins?

I mean, I don't mind BP really (I find some of their stuff interesting even if I couldn't get through 'Baseball Between the Numbers'), but this seems like a jackass thing to do, especially when on the same link that they predicted the Sox being 72-90, they predicted the Twins being 90-72 despite their horrid (in my opinion) offseason.

Nah...not with showing how friggin smug...and jerkoffish all in the same little blurb. I think they pointed it out themselves without even trying....hoping people wouldn't notice.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
You guys realize the he wrote that for soxtalk, right?

BP, like many sites, has the capability of seeing where their traffic comes from; ie. what sites link to them.

I'm guessing that we were the most entertaining monkeys that Mr. Carroll could poke a stick at and get a visceral response out of for his own enjoyment.

Congratulations.

You've all been Punk'd by a third rate sports website that got lucky.

doesn't surprise me if that's what they do, but I hope they were criticizing the Marlins for winning 2 World Series while hardly maintaining any of the players in the following years.