Scott Schoeneweis received steroids while on the White Sox

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
I'm sure he wasn't the first Sox to use roids nor will he be the last Sox to use roids/hgh/etc. I can say that about every team in baseball too.

That doesn't make me any less disappointed by it.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
That doesn't make me any less disappointed by it.

Actually, I'm kind of glad it was a guy who sucked. I'm under the impression that the percentage of White Sox who have used steroids is about the same as the percentage for every other team. I would/will be very dissappointed if it comes out it was one or more of the core guys who I have cheered for. I suppose I'm just taking the naive approach .

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Actually, I'm kind of glad it was a guy who sucked. I'm under the impression that the percentage of White Sox who have used steroids is about the same as the percentage for every other team. I would/will be very dissappointed if it comes out it was one or more of the core guys who I have cheered for. I suppose I'm just taking the naive approach .

I promise that your favorite players have used steroids. Not from any inside knowledge -- or at least that's not the basis of my claim -- but because I think it's clear. With millions at stake and everybody doing it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Is this where we start the (useless) speculation about which other Sox players on the 2004 team were on 'roids? Oooh, I want to play:

Shingo (for sure), Ben Davis, Kelly Dransfeldt, Arnie Munoz and Felix Diaz. There. Oh -- and Timo, that lil bastard.

Joe Borchard.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Is this where we start the (useless) speculation about which other Sox players on the 2004 team were on 'roids? Oooh, I want to play:

Shingo (for sure), Ben Davis, Kelly Dransfeldt, Arnie Munoz and Felix Diaz. There. Oh -- and Timo, that lil bastard.

There's no question steroids was a factor getting McCarthy shipped out of town. He's ripped.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 03:27 AM)
Joe Borchard.

Fo' sho'.

I also forgot about Mike Jackson. Everybody knows you can't be a major league baseball player at the age of 39. He was definitely on the juice.

Willie wasn't, though -- he was all natural. Pure awesome.

(I also hope the green isn't needed for these last two posts of mine.)

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
I'm sure he wasn't the first Sox to use roids nor will he be the last Sox to use roids/hgh/etc. I can say that about every team in baseball too.

:notworthy There is only one player that would break my heart to learn he wasn't clean while on the Sox. One player that seemingly proved you could be clean and great, yet he had a couple injuries that fans of other teams pointed to and claimed it as "proof". I'd hate baseball for a long time if it was true.

I started to post that the pressure for marginal guys, those trying to bump up from the 40 to the 25 is probably greatest, but then stopped and realized guys want to start, then they want bigger contracts, then better results for the fans who demand those long home runs.

The one guy associated with the Sox who I would be shocked if they took HGH/steroids is Paul Konerko. If you've ever seen him in normal street clothes, you would never guess he was a baseball player. And why do people try to be so secretive about saying who the person is that they don't want it to be. We all know it's Miguel Olivo, so just come out and say it.

If I ever found out Miguel Olivo did PED's, I'd probably lose faith in all humanity.

(and by Miguel Olivo, I obviously mean Timo)

(and by Timo, I quite obviously mean Frank; and I wouldn't lose faith in humanity, I'd just really lose a lot of interest in baseball and would probably be a bit shaken up for a little while. That'd be hard seeing my childhood baseball idol turn into a cheater.)

(and Bonds isn't nor has he ever been my idol, I just realize he's a ridiculously good baseball player that I'd love to have on my team)

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
probably at least half the white sox have used steroids at some point in their baseball careers. Especially Razor Shines who you can see the effects of him getting off them.

I hope you are joking. Razor hasn't played ML Baseball for 20 years. He is a 50 year old veteren coach who went on a diet and excersise program because he had gotten way overweight. Jeezz...