Music Help, Beach Music

Texsox

I need seven minutes of music for a highlight slide show. The pictures are a lot of beach shots, surfing, sailing, etc. The lyrics must be PG13, no alcohol, sex, drugs, references. It should also convey a "beach feel" I was thinking Marley, Don't Worry, Be Happy and Seals and Croft's Summer Breeze, but now I'm thinking more upbeat.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
Sailing - Christopher Cross

Make sure you throw a tarp down to catch all the vomit.

:D

A tip of the cap to Critic for getting into the spirit of National Sarcasm Month :headbang :lolhitting

I used it last year :ph34r:

When I think of "beach music," I think of sitting around a fire after sundown acoustic guitar, improvised drums, maybe a bongo and a harmonica, include references to nature/weather/places. That's it...

That said. The first thing that came to my mind was Sublime's Badfish, but that's out... "two pints of booze"

Anything Jack Johnson is an obvious choice... I'd recommend "Rainbow" with G. Love. Also "Free" with Donavon Frankenreiter which was featured in a Verizon commercial. Those two are perfect in my estimation... But anything Jack would work, Bubbletoes, Mudfootball, Flake (for some steel drum action), Never Know, Rodeo Clowns. I could go on, you'd just have to listed to make sure they don't have a drug reference...

Johnson's made a few surfing movies and produced some largely instrumental soundracks for those. I'm sure you could buy one of those and find enough to fill your 7 minutes.

"The Perfect Wave" Neil Norman

"Pipeline" The Chantays

"Ride the Wild Surf" Jan and Dean

"Let's Go Trippin'" Dick Dale

"The Breeze and I" The Fentones

http://www.geocities.com/shanefentonuk/media/breezeandi.mp3

Even better version of "The Breeze and I" by the Vibrants complete with surf sound effects and sea gulls. not to mention some killer guitar.

You can find it on a cd called American Surf Treasures Vol. 2

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
That was cool, Tex. I enjoyed watching it.

I thought sorting through 2,000 photos would be tedious, but it was actually fun this time. I still have some tweeking to do, but at least now there isn't a deadline to contend with.