Contractor Company

jasonxctf

so i'm struggling to get my landscape company to come out and perform contractually obligated/required maintenance work on my brick paver patio. They keep pushing me off further and further.

My next steps are to

(1) contact the county sheriff (i live in unincoporated Kane County) to file a Civil complaint

(2) contact the BBB to file a complaint and seek assistance

(3) contact Unilock (the brick manufacturer) to see if they can assist

(4) have a lawyer write an "informative" letter

Any other suggestions on what to do?

Has anyone else dealt with similar situations?

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
so i'm struggling to get my landscape company to come out and perform contractually obligated/required maintenance work on my brick paver patio. They keep pushing me off further and further.

My next steps are to

(1) contact the county sheriff (i live in unincoporated Kane County) to file a Civil complaint

(2) contact the BBB to file a complaint and seek assistance

(3) contact Unilock (the brick manufacturer) to see if they can assist

(4) have a lawyer write an "informative" letter

Any other suggestions on what to do?

Has anyone else dealt with similar situations?

I'm not sure what good calling the sheriff's department will do. You don't have a criminal claim against them, and if you want to file suit, you need to go to the courthouse (Kane County Judicial Center, on Route 38 just west of Randall) and file there.

I'd make sure you let the company know you plan to do ALL those things as well as do everything you can do steer business away from them, and give them a specific deadline for doing their work before those consequences take hold. If they hear lawsuit, or other complaints, they may blink.

Also, you can write them up on sites like Angie's List, which I have found to be a great tool.

I am not aware of what sort of contract you have, but I don't know what good contacting the brick company would do.

The BBB thing is good, but find more local agencies too (county, state) that are similar in role.

yeah i wasnt sure about the sheriff's thing either. I had originally called the Township which the landscaper is located in to see if they had any type of assistance program. They didn't and suggested that I call the Kane County State's Attorney's office. I called them who then said go work with the Sheriff??

I guess the brick co has some sort of assistance program with their distributors in cases like this.

thanks for the ideas!!!