Red Sox / Angels

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
Really, why are you rooting for Boston?

People will hate me for saying this, but I love the drama of the Yanks/Red Sox playing each other in the playoffs. Also, I believe those are the two best teams in baseball, and the teams I'd want to be in the WS if the Cubs make it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:23 PM)
People will hate me for saying this, but I love the drama of the Yanks/Red Sox playing each other in the playoffs. Also, I believe those are the two best teams in baseball, and the teams I'd want to be in the WS if the Cubs make it.

Don't worry about people hating you for it. I've taken over for you as the Negative Guy People Jump On for Being Critical of the White Sox and For Saying Something Nice About An Organization/Franchise Popular Consensus Dislikes. You're old!

f***ing Red Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)

Unfortunately, I have to admit you're right on this. Can anyone seriously tell me that those 2 Yankees/Red Sox series from 03/04 weren't some of the best playoff series you've ever seen?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
Unfortunately, I have to admit you're right on this. Can anyone seriously tell me that those 2 Yankees/Red Sox series from 03/04 weren't some of the best playoff series you've ever seen?

Yeah, they were good. So were the Astros/Cardinals series from 04/05. Lots of great series.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)

They were good series but the drama lamas come out for those damn series. I hate the Red Sox so f'n much, I'd much rather the Cubs win the World Series than Boston. Ya, I said it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
It could be because I don't watch a ton of NL, but I really have a hard time rooting for any AL team. I just watch, and while the baseball being played is fantastic, I have a hard time activly rooting for a typical Sox opponent. The same can't be said for the NL. I loved rooting for the Rockies today. It was the 1st time I cared about a game for as long as I can remember.

If the Sox can't win the WS every year, I would at least like to say I saw the World Series champs during Spring Training.

IMG_1143.jpg

Trust me, if the Cubs are eliminated in the first two rounds, I'll be cheering like crazy for the NL teams. Basically, I'm rooting for any of the 7 teams first.

This is just incredible dominance by Beckett, it reminds me of the work he did in the 2003 playoffs. They aren't even hitting the ball hard or coming close to a hit or walk AT ALL other than the leadoff hit and now the Vlad single. That's about as impressive a 7 innings I've ever seen somebody pitch at all at any level, let alone in a major league playoff game. Unless there is a drastic change in the final 2 innings, the Angels might as well warm up the bus, take the CG SHO, and hope to steal game 2.