Red Sox / Angels

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
Cmon Angels, you guys better get the rally monkey going when you're at home.

They are just far inferior to Boston, especially with the injuries. Boston's pitching will shutdown LA's already atrocious offense, and even if the Angels pitching can hold Boston to 3 to 5 runs a game, they are in trouble.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 06:27 PM)
Unfortunately, I have to admit you're right on this. Can anyone seriously tell me that those 2 Yankees/Red Sox series from 03/04 weren't some of the best playoff series you've ever seen?

You can watch the same good movie over and over and over again. It's still the same movie, and it gets old after a while.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
Cmon Angels, you guys better get the rally monkey going when you're at home.

The Angels are up against the wall, but I think everyone pretty much expected them to lose game 1. They were hit with a rash string of injuries late in the season and I doubt they will be overcome them. Escobar is gonna have to throw out his A game tonight because if they can pull this out I do think they will win Sunday's game at home against the BoSox (Weaver vs DiceK) and be in a nice shape knowing that they could afford a second loss to Beckett.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
The Angels are up against the wall, but I think everyone pretty much expected them to lose game 1. They were hit with a rash string of injuries late in the season and I doubt they will be overcome them. Escobar is gonna have to throw out his A game tonight because if they can pull this out I do think they will win Sunday's game at home against the BoSox (Weaver vs DiceK) and be in a nice shape knowing that they could afford a second loss to Beckett.

Yeah, looks like I'm either clueless, are the kiss of death for teams. I picked the Angels, Yankees, Cubs, and Phillies moving on. I didn't know all the injury problems the Angels had and I wanted to pick the Rockies but I didn't. I just figured the Yankees would be the Wild Card team that made it to the World Series this year.

Daisuke had a 7.62 ERA in his 5 September starts, and that trend of poop continues thusfar tonight. It still amazes me the Red Sox paid the 52 million dollar posting fee to talk to Dice-K, who is basically a poor man's Javier Vazquez (and I mean poor man's Vazquez during one of his normal years, he was nowhere near Javy this year as Vazquez had a very good year).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)
That a way Angels.

^^^^^^^^

I can't stand Dice-K (mostly cause of the media) and the BoSox. I am in good shape of every prediction I've made on the playoff teams. God I hope I'll be wrong on this series prediction (I have Boston winning and just looking Row, me and you basically picked the same teams to win in the division series except this one.)

Fathom's been calling it all season long, Anaheim goes out in the playoffs due to a lack of offense, and they had no power or protection at all for Vladdy. Not that they'd deal for Konerko, but that would be really nice.

And, part two of that, I can most definitely see them signing Bonds too. They've been the rumored destination for quite some time, it keeps Bonds in Cali, they have the room, the money, and they need the offense more than any playoff team from this year. You put Bonds on the Angels this year, and it could have been a completely different series.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
And, part two of that, I can most definitely see them signing Bonds too. They've been the rumored destination for quite some time, it keeps Bonds in Cali, they have the room, the money, and they need the offense more than any playoff team from this year. You put Bonds on the Angels this year, and it could have been a completely different series.

Arte wont go after Bonds, at least I doubt.