D-Backs Cubs Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
The thing is, it's likely going to rain this wknd in Chicago. Piniella already has given his team the upper-hand by going with a 3 man rotation.

For the DBacks standpoint I would rather go with Owings in game 4 and have Webb rested for game 5. Owings has been pretty damn good the last couple of months while Hernandez has been awful, he has no business starting over Owings.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
The thing is, it's likely going to rain this wknd in Chicago. Piniella already has given his team the upper-hand by going with a 3 man rotation.

What crackhead is giving you the forecast? It's going to be dry all day Saturday, and the rain Sunday won't get here until night, and it's a noon game.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 02:47 AM)
For the DBacks standpoint I would rather go with Owings in game 4 and have Webb rested for game 5. Owings has been pretty damn good the last couple of months while Hernandez has been awful, he has no business starting in this series.

As CWS said earlier, and I've said for a week, this series is over though if the Cubs beat Webb tonight. In terms of talent on the field, this seems like the Red Sox/Angels series. Has anyone found out what would happen if the Cubs play Rockies in the NLCS, with regards to home-field ad?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 02:49 AM)
What crackhead is giving you the forecast? It's going to be dry all day Saturday, and the rain Sunday won't get here until night, and it's a noon game.

I saw all day yesterday that it was supposed to rain on Saturday. Is that not true anymore? I have to go to a wedding at 5 with a bunch of Cubs fans....it's my own little hell.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
I saw all day yesterday that it was supposed to rain on Saturday. Is that not true anymore? I have to go to a wedding at 5 with a bunch of Cubs fans....it's my own little hell.

Not supposed to rain on Saturday, and there is only an isolated chance of late afternoon and nighttime storms on Sunday.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 02:48 AM)
I just look at the D'backs line up and think, how the hell is this team in the playoffs? How did they win 90 games when they are offensively retarded?

Even with a healthy Hudson, Tracy, and Big Unit....I still don't know how they'd make the playoffs.

I like Frank Caliendo a lot, but these commercials are really going to make me hate him.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
I just look at the D'backs line up and think, how the hell is this team in the playoffs? How did they win 90 games when they are offensively retarded?

They had a number of injuries during the year, just off the top of my head Orlando Hudson, Chad Tracy was injured for a while, RJ.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
As CWS said earlier, and I've said for a week, this series is over though if the Cubs beat Webb tonight. In terms of talent on the field, this seems like the Red Sox/Angels series. Has anyone found out what would happen if the Cubs play Rockies in the NLCS, with regards to home-field ad?

A Wild Card team can never have home field advantage unless it makes it to the World Series and it's league won the All Star Game, just as pre "this time it counts", a wild card team could never have home field unless it was it's leagues turn to have home field in the World Series and they made it there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)

I don't think the WC would ever get Home Field Advantage.

101 beat me to it.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 02:55 AM)
A Wild Card team can never have home field advantage unless it makes it to the World Series and it's league won the All Star Game, just as pre "this time it counts", a wild card team could never have home field unless it was it's leagues turn to have home field in the World Series and they made it there.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

I really fear the D'Backs not scoring Young in the first inning is going to haunt them. They had a chance to steal a run early and get Webb a lead. Normally I'm against bunting but with the lower scoring environment in the playoffs -- as well as having your ace on them mound -- getting run #1 is huge (no statistical basis for that -- just a gut feeling. Could be wrong...).