D-Backs Cubs Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
This has the feeling of the inning that the Cubs go ahead. I can't imagine how the Dbacks are going to be able to score against Marmol. Marmol vs Mark Reynolds next inning should be comical.

Cubs bullpen isnt all that great, its alot better than going up against Zambrano whos been on tonight.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 03:49 AM)
Cubs bullpen isnt all that great, its alot better than going up against Zambrano whos been on tonight.

The Dbacks offense makes any pitcher look on. Zambrano got into a lot of bad counts tonight, but the Dbacks are just too weak to make him pay.

I'm bewildered as to why Z is out. He's not due up here anytime soon (and he hit the ball hard anyways), he only threw 6 innings and 85 pitches. I also doubt he'd have cramps, it's Phoenix so the humidity is absolutely zero, plus the Cubs don't have the bullpen depth to just do this for the heck of it when their starter is pitching really well.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 03:53 AM)
I'm bewildered as to why Z is out. He's not due up here anytime soon (and he hit the ball hard anyways), he only threw 6 innings and 85 pitches. I also doubt he'd have cramps, it's Phoenix so the humidity is absolutely zero, plus the Cubs don't have the bullpen depth to just do this for the heck of it when their starter is pitching really well.

To have him ready for 3 days rest. However, if they were going to pull him early, they should have had a ph for him with the bases loaded.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
This has the feeling of the inning that the Cubs go ahead. I can't imagine how the Dbacks are going to be able to score against Marmol. Marmol vs Mark Reynolds next inning should be comical.

Comical?

More like enjoyable.