D-Backs Cubs Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 10:22 AM)
I'm just saying, the sooner this series is over the better. This bulls***, "Cubs are the best NL team," "My greatest nightmare!" nonsense has to end and the sooner it does -- the sooner that miserable franchise and its obnoxious fans and its grating counter-fans can shut up and enjoy the COLORADO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the better

Whatever team comes out of the minor league NL will get absolutely decked by the AL representative.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
That's better.

but really, last year's Tigers team wasn't all that good. And this year's NL teams aren't that bad, although that Rockies pitching staff, outside the pen, worries me a little.

Last years Tiger team wasn't all that good? You are kidding right.

THis years NL teams aren't all that bad?

LOL

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 08:50 AM)
That's better.

but really, last year's Tigers team wasn't all that good. And this year's NL teams aren't that bad, although that Rockies pitching staff, outside the pen, worries me a little.

Make no mistake, the Rockies are here for one reason, and one reason only: defense. Their offense is quite good but Coors-aided, but their defense is absolutely stellar.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 05:44 AM)
from our friends at northside baseball:

output.gif

I only hit reply so this plays a few more times :lolhitting

I guess getting swept would be cool. I was hoping for a game 5, 2 out, 10 run rally to kill their dreams . . .

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 08:01 AM)
Well, maybe everyone on this site. The ESPN "experts" all fell in line picking the cubs outside of two of them

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007...s?series=chcari

but more SI "experts" picked the D-backs than picked the Cubs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/...taff-picks.html

The "experts" picks are based off of what will drive ratings. John Kruk even admitted in a radio interview that ESPN forced him change his picks for Baseball tonight, "the ESPN brass tried to stiff arm him into saying he thought the Yankees would be leading the AL East by June."

They give false hope to Cubs fans knowing that it will cause them to tune in. There is no "expert" analysis that I am not cynical about.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
Christ, have you ever been there? I saw Maddux versus Felix Diaz a couple of years ago and it started to rain.....my dad and I got wet in a rain delay despite sitting in a totally protected area.

The I-Cubs park is nicer.

C'mon now Wrigley Field is a Chicago landmark. The caveat about Wrigley is it's great if you have decent seats, or bleachers. In fact, the new bleachers are great. We stood on the wide-open fence on the concourse along Sheffield for all of the Sox/Cubs games this year.

ANyhoo... whaaaat a blowup last night. Ouch. And I like Ted Lilly. That is the greatest reaction EVUH.

But really: this team, this legend, this franchise just REEKS of futility. My God man it will be 100 years next year.

Not that 1-for-88 is anything to scream about, but Jesus...

I just heard that the wind's going to be blowing out to left field tomorrow. I really hope Arizona doesn't pitch Webb in game 4. Save him for game 5, because if you lose tomorrow and lose that game with him on the mound, you give the Cubs all the momentum in the world for game 5.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
I just heard that the wind's going to be blowing out to left field tomorrow. I really hope Arizona doesn't pitch Webb in game 4. Save him for game 5, because if you lose tomorrow and lose that game with him on the mound, you give the Cubs all the momentum in the world for game 5.

We must be looking at two different weather reports. The one I'm looking at is calling for it to rain torrential volumes of Cubby Blue tears from out of the north tomorrow.

:D

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)

Not only was this clever spoof done during their regular season meetings, as seen here, apparently they did this during both games the last 2 days as well. Gotta love the D-Backs marketing guy who came up with that.

The Diamondbacks should have gotten a goat and brought it on field before the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
I really hope Arizona doesn't pitch Webb in game 4. Save him for game 5, because if you lose tomorrow and lose that game with him on the mound, you give the Cubs all the momentum in the world for game 5.

Agree 100%. Owings has an ERA of 3.00 the last two months. No point in having Webb go on short rest.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)

What about the Cubs gives you any idea they have a chance to make it to game four? They've played bad fundamental baseball, as well as their pen blowing rather large testicles.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
it's kinda sad when a Cubs thread is longer than about 10 of our White Sox game threads.

Well, the season is over. The season sucked. And this one thread encompasses 2 games, so it isnt really all that bad.

I bet you that most of the threads last year went beyond 24 pages