D-Backs Cubs Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow, that might be the most surprising homer I've seen since Pods off of Lidge. You had the guy with the nasty K/9 inning numbers against the guy who K's a ton.

BTW, did anyone get worried that it might not have been gone due to the camera angle and Stockton not sounding excited?

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
To have him ready for 3 days rest. However, if they were going to pull him early, they should have had a ph for him with the bases loaded.

Yeah he's ready for 3 days rest now, but their 6 outs from losing against Webb and one of the best bullpens in the league. It's October, if your worrying about pitch counts and 3 days rest, your making a major error. Lou has managed a horrid game tonight.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 03:56 AM)
Yeah he's ready for 3 days rest now, but their 6 outs from losing against Webb and one of the best bullpens in the league. It's October, if your worrying about pitch counts and 3 days rest, your making a major error. Lou has managed a horrid game tonight.

I agree with you...not having Zambrano bunt earlier was just terrible.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
Welcome to the playoffs Mr. Marmol.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was just thinking that when he was overthrowing against his first batter in the playoffs. After that HR though, Marmol looks more comfortable out there.

And fathom you should have said Salazar. :D

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
How golden would it be if Augie Ojeda turns out to come up with a key play that kills the Cubs in this series?

Well that didn't take long, at least in regards to potentially killing them in a game. :)

Nice job by Jackson there getting that insurance run in. Come on Chris Young!!!!

Ah well, got a deuce. Hold on D'Backs!!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
Great job CoJack! Another bad managing move, as Jackson is a contact hitter. Should have walked him to get to Young, who would have a tough time hitting Marmol.

I was thinking the same thing, I was shocked there wasn't an IBB there. They had Eyre warm too, so if you walk Jackson and K Young, you can use Eyre for Drew. I'm shocked at how bad a night Lou has had.