2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 01:49 AM)
I'm stuck at work, counting down the hours until Friday. God I am loving this team.

I've said it before, but we've been spoiled with Kane and Toews so much so that we've (or at least I've) forgotten just how good Havlat is. On his second or third shift after his goal,, he almost had one of his nasty toe drags -- was REAL close to pulling it off but I think the defenseman might've got a poke check in.

Great first period. Hopefully we won't see the shell from here on out -- stay aggressive and bury them early.

BTW guys, Troy Murray's intermission guest interviews are usually pretty good. Murray's a giggling bastard and he's trying to get through this one with Wizniewski. They're talking about his concussion and having all sorts of laughs, playfully-funny stuff.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Wow at Marty.

Having Havlat back gives the Hawks 2 consistent scoring lines, and we've got Ruutu on the 3rd line, who's no slouch either.

Things are looking good. Let's just hope Marty can actually stay healthy.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Nice to see Kane tack on 3 assists tonight and Toews to add a goal.

playing against the opposite team's second tier defenders helps. With Marty in the line-up... its going to be fun to watch Kane and Toews put up Nintendo numbers (thanks hawk.)

Not a bad game.

positives

-5-1 winner...thats SVWEET...much larger than the recent Canadian trip

-STK line is mad. Steve has a great analysis of them playing the 2 line together above.

-Khabi. Made some great saves tonight

-MARTY is filthy.

-Kane is bad

negatives (not many)

-Koci got off to a slow start in his scrap with ROy tonight.

-Khabi didn't get the SO.

-Attendance..still laging, but its early, it was midweek v. TBay. It'll come 2nd half

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
Not a bad game.

positives

-5-1 winner...thats SVWEET...much larger than the recent Canadian trip

-STK line is mad. Steve has a great analysis of them playing the 2 line together above.

-Khabi. Made some great saves tonight

-MARTY is filthy.

-Kane is bad

negatives (not many)

-Koci got off to a slow start in his scrap with ROy tonight.

-Khabi didn't get the SO.

-Attendance..still laging, but its early, it was midweek v. TBay. It'll come 2nd half

Koci wanted no part of Roy. As soon as they threw the gloves down, Andre landed a couple of bodyblows and Koci took him to the ice to end the fight. He was scared to death.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 10:17 AM)
Koci wanted no part of Roy. As soon as they threw the gloves down, Andre landed a couple of bodyblows and Koci took him to the ice to end the fight. He was scared to death.

Maybe so, but Koci is still recovering from an injury. Maybe he is still gun shy with his nose and all. He took Boogey out opening night and we need toughness, because I gurandangtee you people are going to start going after our young guns (Marty, Kaner, JT).

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 12:34 PM)
Might find out more after practice, or maybe it's nothing, but someone on Stuy's board said Colin Fraser is skating, and Williams is no where to be found......I thought Williams came back after the high stick, but I'm not 100% on that.

Jason Williams did come back last night after the high stick.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
Havalt needs to be healthy though as well.

Most Blackhawks fans will be holding their breath with this guy. If he plays, this is a seriously dangerous team. I'd like to have one more high quality, do the right thing all the time veteran player along the blueline, but i doubt it will happen. I'd love to get someone like Chris Chelios, circa mid 1990s.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)

You see dos two f***ers behind the glass? *WHACK* Dey mayking fun of us. *WHACK*

If I ever see those two f***ers, *WHACK*, I kill dem. *WHACK*

:lolhitting

I saw Frasier fight some guy much bigger than him at the prospects camp. The refs let the two go, but Pully broke up the fight when he came out of his press box and scolded the refs/players for letting the fight go. Very funny to see.

He's a pest and if he's got the least bit of talent, he'll be a fine 4th line center.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Fraser is one of the three guys we got in the Zhamnov deal with Philly (Vandermeer being one of the others). He'll be given his shot tonight to see what he can do. I like his spirit and grit, but he needs to play disciplined and smart as well.