2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 02:52 AM)
The Untouchables:

Kane

Toews

Keith

Seabrook

Sharp, Wiz, Havlat, Sopel, Lang all have their varying degrees of value but still.... if theres a deal to be made, been nice knowing ya.

I haven't been paying much attention lately. Has Havlat's game fallen off from what he used to be?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
Yes. It's a combination of looking like he doesn't care at all, along with being very timid on the ice. You can actually see it in his game, he is afraid of contact. He just isn't explosive anymore.

Thats just on the ice. He makes 6 million, and is supposedly trouble in the locker room.

If someone still sees something in Marty, and you can get a decent player back with a small contract, you jump on it.

That pretty encapsulates the whole situation with Havlat... there just hasn't been the type of effort/consistency/leadership shown to justify paying him 6mil - it especially hurts when the team is losing and we can't score.

Marty is no doubt a fantastic talent, probably one of the 5 most talented players in the league... but this year he has been mentally beaten, and he has looked invisible for games at a time.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 01:52 AM)
The Untouchables:

Kane

Toews

Keith

Seabrook

Sharp, Wiz, Havlat, Sopel, Lang all have their varying degrees of value but still.... if theres a deal to be made, been nice knowing ya.

I dont see Sopel leaving after a contract extension ..

cant wait to watch Toews tonight

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)
He's actually scheduled to be back next Sunday, and assuming he's actually healthy i think he will help balance out the offense as it was earlier in the season.

I caught that -- I thought the surgery meant he was going to be out a bit longer. His shot from the point will be a welcome addition to the power play, that's for certain.

That was goaltender interference, period. I just rewatched it in slo-mo about 5 times to confirm what I thought I saw. Kicked habby's left leg out on the stop, sending him sliding and having no chance to stop it with his right pad, which was in decent position originally. Furthermore, Shannon was falling due to the interference, which allowed him to slowly and easily put it into an empty net. Brutal no-call.

People will talk about the Barker goal being completely lucky, but the two goals the Canucks scored were also extremely unlucky (for the Hawks). Their first goal -- Sharp hits the post and it bounces to an open Canuck-player who's standing on the blueline. He feeds it up to Burrows and Khabbi didn't have much of a prayer there. The second goal... My God... what a f***ing bounce. Hits off Kane's (?) leg and bounces right on Naslund's tape -- are you f***ing serious?

Don't get me wrong -- the Hawks were outplayed tonight, and probably deserved this outcome, but damn if they can't catch a break right now.

Also -- why am I seeing Yanic Perrault out there NOT ONLY on the power play, but also playing 4-on-4 as well? Even with Havlat out, there's NO excuse for that. f***ing Savard is really, REALLY starting to grate the nerves.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Sounds like he is stable but damn that was scary for him...That was a lot of friggin blood pouring out of his neck.

Reminiscent of Bourque last year... I was actually in the under belly of the UC while he was walking (running) towards the trainers room.

Scary stuff, hockey player's worst nightmare. Glad to hear he was ok.

A few rumors;

Chicago RW Martin Havlat and coach Denis Savard aren't getting along these days. Chicago papers speculated that Havlat could be shipped elsewhere because the all-star winger is only one season away from becoming an unrestricted free agent. League sources, however, say Savard could be in trouble. The 'Hawks were expected to challenge for a playoff spot this season, but they're fading. While late owner Bill Wirtz isn't around to protect Savard anymore, GM Dale Tallon has been supportive ...

The Sabres are willing to sign Brian Campbell to a six-year deal worth $7 million per season, but many believe that would just be to trade the defenceman. Earlier, the Sabres didn't even want to discuss a five-year, $25-million deal. More contract talks are expected this week, but Campbell will likely be dealt at the deadline. He will likely get sent to the 'Hawks because they want to make a push for the playoffs.

Los Angeles GM Dean Lombardi is busy. He's told other GMs that any King over 25 is available. That includes D Rob Blake, LW Ladislav Nagy, C Derek Armstrong, LW Scott Thornton, D Brad Stuart, D Tom Preissing and D Jaroslav Modry. The Senators, Sharks and Wings have all shown an interest in Blake. Lombardi might want to be careful cleaning house if he has no intentions of keeping coach Marc Crawford ... While RW Radim Vrbata has been on fire, the Coyotes might consider moving him. He is making $1.225 million this season and is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. The Coyotes are concerned that Vrbata will have big salary demands ...

More Forsberg: According to various reports, Peter Forsberg might need at least another week to decide if his foot is ready for him to make a return to the NHL.

The Hawks are one of the teams that have offered Forsberg a contract that he hasn't rejected. The others are Colorado, Philadelphia, Ottawa and Vancouver.

Hawks general manager Dale Tallon said he has made the 34-year-old Forsberg a significant offer.

At least one league source believes the Hawks still are on Forsberg's radar because they have offered the former MVP the best deal in terms of length past this season.

To play in the NHL this season, Forsberg would need to be signed by the Feb. 26 trade deadline.

Los Angeles Kings defenseman Brad Stuart and Buffalo Sabres blue-liner Brian Campbell, both unrestricted free agents after this season, are said to be on the Devils' radar screen.

So are forwards Ladislav Nagy of L.A. and Robert Lang of Chicago. Nagy is unrestricted while Lang has another year left at $4 million.

The most plausible has goaltender Ray Emery going to Chicago in a straight-up swap for Nikolai Khabibulin. Emery has been a distraction for most of this season and many believe that his antics are designed to promote a trade. But Emery is a big reason why the Senators went to the Stanley Cup final last season.

Emery was the overlooked hero in the win over Montreal last night. He made a number of key saves to prevent the Canadiens from getting back in the game.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92822

There's a thread on the Zednik incident if anyone wants to check it out. There is a video on page 1 and 3 and 2 pictures in page 2. The images are graphic and there is a picture where you can just see the fear in his eyes as he is going to the bench. It kind of makes your stomach turn, but if anyone wants to see it there it is. Best of luck to him in his recovery.