2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

Should hopefully be a good game for you to go see Jason.

The Hawks have been in pretty good form lately, since Toews came back.

Easy to tell, who this team needs the most if they're going to make the playoffs.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Yotes are my 2nd favorite team.

It'd be nice to see them make the playoffs for Gretzky and the city (as the team has been just terrible since Tkachuk and Roenick left), but not at the expense of the Hawks.

The Jobing Arena, looks tiny next to the University of Arizona Stadium though.

great -- CSN+ finally puts it on and we are down 2-0

Lalime gave up the 1st 2 goals and was pulled so nwo we get to see Crawford in net

Burish just got into a sweet ass fight, thats why we can trade Ruutu(since he doesnt know how to score anymore) Burish is the man

Here is some speculation I would kill to see come true...

From Spectors Hockey

TSN: During the first intermission of today's Sharks-Penguins game, Darren Dreger and John Ferguson Jr reported the following:

**UPDATE**

- In the second period intermission, Dreger claims the Lightning have stopped short of asking Richards to waive his movement clause. He noted the Blue Jackets have now made their pitch for Richards.

- Alex Tanguay wants out of Calgary and has on two occasions this season requested a trade. While Montreal's Michael Ryder is often linked to Tanguay in rumors Dreger suggests the Flames want a more significant player like Olli Jokinen or Robert Lang. Glenn Healy notes Montreal has been scouting the Flames for some time and believes the Habs will land Tanguay. Dreger also suggested the Canadiens might try to land both Hossa and Tanguay, given their depth in young assets.

thank you for posting so i didnt make 4 consec. posts

anyways with this loss I think DT has a deal done by tomorrow, the above posts seems like we wont be getting Tanguay. Hopefully the deal with the Penguins is on the table or something and DT just has to tell them yes or no. I have heard nothing more about the Staal stuff so maybe thats really bad or really good how tight they are with the info.

If we trade Havlet/Ruutu you cant really trade Lang since then we really have no veteran overshadow on the team unless you want to give Yanic Perrault that duty(god no)

I really want to get some nonstop trade talk going on in here though, everyone start looking for articles! -- :)

I don't know if you can trade Lang now since we didn't sign Forsberg, unless you trade for another center.

I'm still all for trading Havlat / Ruutu for Staal though.

Stockpile picks / great young players, and give it a major crack next season.

There are reports from Chicago that the Blackhawks might move highly paid ($6 million) and underperforming winger Martin Havlat (10-17-27 in 33 games). Like Hossa, the 26-year-old Havlat knows Chiarelli and defenseman Zdeno Chara from their time in Ottawa, so that might be a decent Plan B.

The Hawks have three veterans scheduled to be unrestricted free agents in Martin Lapointe, Yanic Perreault and Andrei Zyuzin, and they all are available.

"We'll get some things done," said Tallon, who has assistant GM Rick Dudley and director of pro scouting Marc Bergevin with him here on the trip. "We know what we want to do."

Lapointe is believed to be coveted by two teams (Ottawa and Detroit) needing more of a physical presence.

The Senators might be stepping up their efforts for more muscle after Thursday's loss to Columbus, when the Blue Jackets' Jared Boll ran around the ice hitting Ottawa's skill people.

The Red Wings also want more grit, but they are close to bringing back Darren McCarty, who is playing at Grand Rapids in the American Hockey League.

The Hawks think they still are in the playoff race in the Western Conference, and Tallon would love to add a player to help make the final push.

But of more importance to Tallon is improving the team for the long term.

According to an NHL source, the Hawks have talked to Tampa Bay about center Brad Richards, who is available along with his $7.8 million salary.

According to reports, Columbus is very interested in Richards, perhaps offering goalie Pascal Leclaire. The Blue Jackets would have plenty of room for Richards' salary if they could move Sergei Fedorov.

There has been speculation that the Red Wings might want to bring Fedorov back to where he had his best years.

Would the Lightning, desperate to land a No. 1 goalie, be interested in Nikolai Khabibulin in a deal for Richards? Likely not, although the Hawks might be working on it.

Khabibulin's name also was linked Saturday in a trade rumor with Ottawa.

The Red Wings might also be in the market for goaltending insurance, such is their concern for Dominik Hasek's injured hip.

There are big names out there and available, such as Atlanta's Marian Hossa, Calgary's Alex Tanguay, Florida's Olli Jokinen, Fedorov and possibly Buffalo defenseman Brian Campbell.

Hossa has been rumored to be going to either Montreal or Boston, Jokinen to Nashville or Calgary and Tanguay perhaps to the Canadiens.

Mats Sundin was thought to be the biggest fish in the pond heading toward Tuesday, but the Toronto captain apparently will not waive his no-trade clause.

Veteran Martin Lapointe has been a healthy scratch for the Blackhawks' last three games and sources tell TFP he's on the verge of being traded.

Lapointe, 34, is in the final year of his contract and is being paid $2.4 million this season.

The Detroit Red Wings and Ottawa Senators have expressed an interest in Lapointe, however sources say the Dallas Stars are working on a deal for the 15-year veteran.

That makes me happy, I would love him gone. He was good for the role that the Hawks brought him in here for in 05-06, but he needs to go.

Also

The Hawks have also received plenty of interest in wingers Martin Havlat and Tuomo Ruutu. The Pittsburgh Penguins are interested in both forwards. Sources say the Blackhawks would want Jordan Staal as part of a trade for Havlat.

That makes it seem like the Hawks are asking for Staal, and its not forsure if the Penguins are willing to give him up, even though is said they would in that other article. Thoughts are, if we want Staal and they are willing to give him up a deal should already be inked, just my thoughts though.

--

adding on to previous stuff. Theres a longer article that you can find on NHL and what not but this quote gives you the info that most of us will care about.

RDS is reporting that Richards has given the Lightning a list of eight teams he'd accept a trade to and Chicago is one of them.

That is Brad Richards by the way. 27 year old on the TB Lightning. They told him they were interested in trading him and he gave them 8 teams.

Edited by JFields27

I heard Richards for Leclaire could be going down, although I don't really know why Columbus would want to trade a good young goalie.

Doesn't really make sense for us considering how much he is making compared to his production.

Brett Hull seemed pretty desperate to make a move. Shipping out LaPointe for anything at this point is probably a good thing, hence why the Craig Adams acquisition was made as a replacement for next season I guess.

And I'm still for acquiring Jordan Staal if we can, I doubt it will happen though.