2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
i have a bad feeling that we will be hearing a little more of "i like it, i love it, i want some more of it" before the night is over. Hawks swimming all over their zone.

i hate it when im right.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
JagMo needs to see his name on a waiver wire, or maybe on a Rockford roster.

Agreed, and Buf has been worse. He really can't stay up if his d zone coverage is this bad, he's been schooled tonight. That's why he couldn't stay up originally and now we're seeing the same things.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
LMAO Eddie just said, and I f***ing quote, "a good point for the hawks"

No, sorry, it's not, not even close. Don't just look at the fact that we got a late goal, that's ignoring everything that the 3rd period was.

What I told my wife was "at least they salvaged one point after that mess of a third period".

But in no way was it a "good point".

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm also sick of the "prevent" game plan Savvy seems to use when up in the third. They have done it all season, and they have been lucky to escape with the W's they have. I understand the endurance is low in the 3rd after playing the night before, but too many times the Hawks go into prevent mode with a slim lead. The Hawks D isn't good enough to play that on a night to night basis.

I wouldn't say he goes into a prevent D, but they do play a different style. The Defense stops playing aggressively in the neutral and offensive zones. That forces the offense to forecheck and cycle the puck effectively or give the opposition an advantage in puck possession. Your right about the defense though, they cant be relied on to hold a lead... hawks are best served by keeping the pressure on as much as they can.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 01:24 AM)
Detroit outshooting the Hawks 27-6 in the 2nd period. Still a tie game at 2. Crazy game.

Hawks are getting completely dominated. Not an ounce of energy from anyone tonight. They're sleepwalking through this game.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
Why the f*** do you feel the need to take a penalty when your team is on the 5-3, Ruutu????

He didn't do anything. If that's a slash, they can call slashes just about every time a guy stands in front of the net. It was a brutal, bulls*** make-up call for either (or both) the Lidstrom or Rafalski penalties.