2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 02:06 AM)
I will be shocked if this game stays tied. If the Hawks can get a point out of this game, they should consider themselves more than lucky.

Completely agree.

Red Wing announcers said Bourque is off to the locker room, blocked a shot off his hand. I never thought I'd be saying losing Rene Bourque would be a big loss, but it would be. He and Sharp have been phenomenal on the PK this year and even though he only has three goals this year, he's been a quality third line forward.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, some GREAT shifts at the end of the game there by Burish/Bolland and Toews/Kane/Ruutu. Those two lines killed off about a minute, minute-and-a-half of clock.

Somebody jammed a horseshoe up the Hawks' collective ass last night. This was one of the wierdest hockey games I've ever watched.

And echoing Tony's sentiments, what a brilliant performance by Khabibulin.

One more thing and I'll go away. It doesn't really need to be said, but Datsyuk's a magician with the puck, and Zetterberg is equally great. That line is so f***ing good, I'm scared every time those three are on the ice.

Ho hum. Another win against the Redwings.

4-0-0 vs a Redwings team that overall is 13-5-1? That's f***ing ownage right there.

The team didn't look that great last night, but this is what we signed Khabibulin for... he seems to pick up his game against the Wings and I bet he'd be great in a playoff series or two. I hope Bourque's injury is minor, bc he's finally starting to heat up.

Let's go Hawks!

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
Seen on ESPN the Yotes claimed him. Not to mention he had a shutout in his 1st game with them.

Good move for Phoenix for sure.

Goaltending depth is so rare, it's kind of foolish to just let a good goalie go on waivers.

There had to be some kind of deal they could have done to address some other need.

I didn't see a-lot of last night's game but a couple of things. The Kane and Toews line keeps the defense on their heels and late in the game that meant something. My thoughts and I am a remedial fan is that in a prevent, a defensive grouping seems to allow better scoring chances. Khaby is the guy that is going to determine how far this team goes. I think the forwards on this team can be as good as anyone once Havlet comes back as Sharp is looking good, really good. They appear to have enough forwards to consistently score.

The defense seems ok but will be the downfall if it is not improved.

On CSN post game they interviewed Khabi, I did not think he spoke as good of English as he does.

Oh and finally their were interviewing Bobby Knight during the OU Texas Tach game it was very good.

Johnny "Red" Kerr is turning into Ron Santo.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
Bourque is gonna be out 4-6 weeks. That'll mean Bolland will stay up when Havlat returns. If Havlat goes down AGAIN, however, I wonder who's next in the pecking order to make the jump to the NHL. Skille? Brouwer? Kontiola? Even a trade, perhaps?

Rene Bourque's cursed.... he was playing the best hockey of his career.

Sharp and Bourque were playing the PK better than anyone on the hawks that ive seen for sometime. Scored TWO shorthanded goals.

The neck last year, his groin too.

I was down on Bourque, but he really began to show me something... its unfortunate.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)
Bourque is gonna be out 4-6 weeks. That'll mean Bolland will stay up when Havlat returns. If Havlat goes down AGAIN, however, I wonder who's next in the pecking order to make the jump to the NHL. Skille? Brouwer? Kontiola? Even a trade, perhaps?

Marty St. Pierre - 19 pts in 13 games.... hes not really a replacement for Borque's skill set, but the guy does nothing but score while in the AHL. Skille is more a Bourque type... good wheels strong shot.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 12:53 AM)
Sounds to me like Havlat isn't going to play on the road trip, and Kris Versteeg and Jacob Dowell were called up, with Bolland being sent down.

This is from the Hawks' official site:

Blackhawks forward Martin Havlat underwent a strength and evaluation test on his injured shoulder today at the Cleveland Clinic. The results verified that Havlat’s shoulder continues to improve and get stronger.

The possibility exists that he may return to the Blackhawks lineup on Wednesday, November 28, when the Blackhawks host the Tampa Bay Lightning at the United Center at 7:30 p.m.

So yeah, first game back from the roadtrip looks okay.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Shame for Bourque. He was a borderline player coming into the season, and he seemed to carve out a good role for himself with his play especially on the PK.

Hopefully he's back soon enough and contributing the same as he was before the injury.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
Marty St. Pierre - 19 pts in 13 games.... hes not really a replacement for Borque's skill set, but the guy does nothing but score while in the AHL. Skille is more a Bourque type... good wheels strong shot.

I heard Skille has been struggling this year, still true?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
I heard Skille has been struggling this year, still true?

Depends on who (or where) your information from, ie. which web site.

But, Coach Mike Haviled (sp) from the Rockford IceHogs commented greatly on how far along Skille has come. He may not be tearing up the AHL at a point per game pace, but he is learning on how to play a complete game first, then scoring second.

IMO, he'll be fine. A year in the "A" won't hurt him.

Dowell will add some more grit in the lineup. Wonder what kind of game Versteeg will show Thursday in Calgary.

QUOTE(OilCan @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Depends on who (or where) your information from, ie. which web site.

But, Coach Mike Haviled (sp) from the Rockford IceHogs commented greatly on how far along Skille has come. He may not be tearing up the AHL at a point per game pace, but he is learning on how to play a complete game first, then scoring second.

IMO, he'll be fine. A year in the "A" won't hurt him.

I agree... Skille imho looked better than Kane did in the pre-season. Skille has some serious wheels, a strong shot, and cpuld be a prototypical power-forward. But with the big boys it takes them a little longer to get comfortable in their bodies, Skille is 20 I believe, and while I think Kane and Toews will always be a little better then Skille... Skille should make an impact on the big club in the next few years.

How long has NHL Network been out?

If you have it I'd recommend tuning in. On the highlight shows they don't do voiceovers, rather they just play the regular broadcast. Apparently they have right to play games, too, as tonight they have on New Jersey vs Pittsburg using the FSN Pittsburg feed. They also have a TON of classic hockey games -- today they had on a playoff game, Edmonton vs the Islanders, and I got to see a young Gretzky.

I usually don't commend Bettman but so far, so good with the Network.

This has been one boring hockey game. No flow at all, lots of choppy play. Hawks haven't had very many good chances. If they get a point playing with this makeshift fourth line and crap third line, I'll be reasonably happy.

The Iginla goal was terrible defense by Keith, BTW.