2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudy nets number 2..... which is amazing to see.

Im glad to see him on the top line and producing, I actually see him as a better fit on the top line than Jason Williams... but there is going to be an odd mad out some nights and Rudy makes more sense on line 3 with the bangers than Williams who is a sniper.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Nov 30, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Rudy nets number 2..... which is amazing to see.

Im glad to see him on the top line and producing, I actually see him as a better fit on the top line than Jason Williams... but there is going to be an odd mad out some nights and Rudy makes more sense on line 3 with the bangers than Williams who is a sniper.

It's a nice problem to have when you can have some interchangeable parts like this.

Fantastic tonight. Another solid game which was over pretty early on. This organization is going places, and fast. Chicagoans, time to take notice.

God damn that was fun.

BTW, this will come off terribly, but Habby missed his shutout thanks to Buff getting absolutely torched. I really wanted him to get it. Buff is bad defensively but I'll excuse that one tonight.

I know the game was on tv, so I can't add much.

But Ronnie Woo Woo was in my section 225 during the 2nd period and he was doing the "Hawks woo" BS. People in my area at least we're pissed, then he moved on to another area in the 200 section.

Great crowd tonight....You know, I'm watching the game now, because I recorded it, and the crowd sounded way louder live during the anthem than it came across on tv. But that's Comcast and most sporting events I guess.

For those of you who we're at the game, how about that dancing kid in the 3rd period? Was that awesome or what? :)

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Nov 30, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
I know the game was on tv, so I can't add much.

But Ronnie Woo Woo was in my section 225 during the 2nd period and he was doing the "Hawks woo" BS. People in my area at least we're pissed, then he moved on to another area in the 200 section.

Great crowd tonight....You know, I'm watching the game now, because I recorded it, and the crowd sounded way louder live during the anthem than it came across on tv. But that's Comcast and most sporting events I guess.

For those of you who we're at the game, how about that dancing kid in the 3rd period? Was that awesome or what? :)

I was wondering what the crowd was cheering wildly about coming back from break, assumed it was something on the jumbotron but didn't know what.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:43 AM)
I was wondering what the crowd was cheering wildly about coming back from break, assumed it was something on the jumbotron but didn't know what.

They did a bit called "Dancing Fever". Where they put a little disco dance floor on the 'tron and the person danced. A kid like 7-8 started dancing and he was doing all sorts of wacky dances for a minute or so. The crowd was eating it up, and then they cut away from this kid and everyone boo'd. They put the camera back on the kid who got up and started to go again and everyone went wild. It was pretty entertaining.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
Somehow, that kid might have been the best thing at the game. :)

Wow. The Hawks came out FLYING in that 1st period. I think I have only seen one other PHX game this season, but the difference in talent is enormous. The Hawks have been on the other end of that for years, but being on the good end for once was nice to see.

Aside from Buff getting schooled in the 3rd, I really can't think of a player that didn't come to play tonight. Everyone was finishing their checks, crisp passing. Great, great night.

Now go kick the s*** out of the Blues.

Sorry about missing you, Tony. My section was really full, even the seats in front of me we're full and you know they never are.

I got my chicken and 'drink' within 2 minutes again last night!

We walked up at game time and got $75 seats in the 200 section. The problem the Hawks are going to have is selling that section. The third balcony was pretty well sold but the middle behind the nets was empty.

Gret game.

Anyone see McDonough (sp?) yucking it up in the leowere level/

The dancing kid was pretty cool. Was it shown on TV at all?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 07:19 AM)
I see no one posted about last night's game, and for good reason.

The Hawks looked REALLY sloppy last night.

The Blues played pretty well, and played very physically (especially directed at Kane), but that win shouldn't have come that easily for St. Louis.

Agreed, they really didn't show any urgency at all until the 3rd goal was scored.

The 2nd period was about the worst period of this entire year. The guys are young, still learning, the Blues brought a tough game + the ice was crappy I thought. St.Louis deserved this win...we move on and get ready for some payback v. the Nucks Wednesday. I FULLY EXPECT in that game to see the Blackhawks bring a more physical presence.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
The 2nd period was about the worst period of this entire year. The guys are young, still learning, the Blues brought a tough game + the ice was crappy I thought. St.Louis deserved this win...we move on and get ready for some payback v. the Nucks Wednesday. I FULLY EXPECT in that game to see the Blackhawks bring a more physical presence.

Other teams will do some things to neutralize our surprising speed, one of them is softening the ice, one of the others is play extremely physical.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Other teams will do some things to neutralize our surprising speed, one of them is softening the ice, one of the others is play extremely physical.

As expected. It's up to our team to adjust...they will, but it takes time. We still haven't had a consistent rotation of lines all year...one guy injured, that guy injured, illness, flu, groins, shoulders...and until recently the goaltending was very sparodic. All this with an incredibly young team and the team is right in the mix.

All in all, Hawks fans GOTTA BE HAPPY.

The team did play a great period. We gave up one goal on a rookie mistake and their second goal was lucky.

Other than that, we have to be outshooting them (we are 11-7), and we are really playing with some energy and quite physical. The shenanigans last week in Vancouver has awoken our team and they are playing hard.

Havlat hit iron at an almost impossible angle when the Hawks were on the PK. He got a lucky goal on the one that just tied the game, but it was still a smart play. He shot from the wing from a tight angle and it hit the defenseman's skate and went in.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 04:03 AM)
I assume you are able to watch tonight. Are the Hawks dominating like it sounds like they are? Sounds like Louie was stolen this game so far.

Dominating is too strong a word -- I'd say they've outplayed the Canucks but not dominated. They're doing very well against the Sedin-squared/Naslund line, playing as physical with them as they played with the RTK line when we were up in Vancouver. Luongo has been Luongo -- it's going to be tough getting one by him, and I fear we may not even come up with a point if Vancouver nets one before us (duh). It's a shame that the second goal the Hawks gave up was a real stinker -- I'd feel much better heading into the third with that one-goal cushion.