2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
He has been phenomenal, and on both ends. Need to lock him him up.

Oh, and f*** Havlat. I don't really mean that, because I love him to death, but the whole situation is brutal. 6 million to play 40 games isn't going to work, sorry Martin. You obviously can't do anything now, but when Havlat comes back "healthy", you listen to offers.

Oh, and Bulin stole this game in the 3rd. They pay him to do that, but wow, one of his best periods as a Hawk.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow :headbang

Oh, and not to be an already dead horse, but f***ING BENCH ZYUZIN.

Speaking of defense, what are peoples thoughts on Barker's first game back up with the Hawks? I didn't see the whole game so I can't really give much input.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
As I've never posted in the hockey thread before, is this basically only Blackhawk fans here?

Either way, f*** the Islanders and their stealing of Kyle Okposo in the middle of the damn season.

I'm a Hawks fan, but I follow the entire league, so I know what you are talking about.

Garth Snow is a retard. If they want to take him out of Minnie I don't have a huge problem with it, but his comments are very bothersome. Just say you think he needs to play at a higher level now, or develop with their coaches, etc. But f*** him if he thinks a college program should cater to what the Islanders want. It's his comments that are the huge problem here.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 10:47 PM)
I'm a Hawks fan, but I follow the entire league, so I know what you are talking about.

Garth Snow is a retard. If they want to take him out of Minnie I don't have a huge problem with it, but his comments are very bothersome. Just say you think he needs to play at a higher level now, or develop with their coaches, etc. But f*** him if he thinks a college program should cater to what the Islanders want. It's his comments that are the huge problem here.

He's basically bashing Lucia, who is a damn good coach with something like 500 career wins as a coach. I mean, I don't really care that the Islanders are taking Okposo (although I do find this rule in the NHL/college hockey to be dumb), and frankly, I don't care much about hockey, but having Garth Snow (I mean, of all people... Garth Snow?!) basically say that Don Lucia is an idiot and is hurting his players development is just stupid, and quite annoying, especially when you look at the talent that the Gophers/Lucia have produced over the years.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Speaking of defense, what are peoples thoughts on Barker's first game back up with the Hawks? I didn't see the whole game so I can't really give much input.

He played well, made a couple of small mistakes with the puck, but I felt better with him out there than some of the other crap we have put on the ice. I really like the direction of letting the kids come up and prove themselves as well, the energy and creativity is at quite a high right now.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Dec 22, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)

Pretty much agree with Tony. Fine for his first game, nothing too negative and nothing too positive, which at this point is a good thing. I'll be more interested to see him get some extended minutes (when we don't play Keith 28 against a real good team, etc) and some pp time...then we'll see how he looks. But most of all, I'm not going to rush to judge the guy after a few games. You'll know in about 10 games if he's worth keeping up here.

I've seen the guy play many times at prospects camp and practice and he usually has excellent fundamentals. The guy just wouldn't get beat in one on one situations or positionally in the corners, etc. Hopefully he can bring that to the NHL, I think with him it's more mental/emotional than physical. He needs to bring it in those 2 aspects 100% each night and I think he'll make it in this league.

I had to watch this one on the TIVO because of Illinois/Mizzou, so I'm late to the party here, but WOW what an incredible game that was, as good a regular season game as I've seen in a while. GREAT win, that's the kind that can turn the Hawks out of the recent tailspin and get them on a hot streak.

I'm late to the thread, had a date last night so I had to watch the game this morning. Yeah, I had date, wanna fight about it? :)

I didn't know about Havlat and his injury till this morning, this getting really old. We know how dangerous he can be when on the ice, but we need someone who can stay on the ice. I thought Bulin played a great game.

hawks with a big win tonight over the oilers.

Passing was really sloppy early on, but they put it together in the end.

Khabibulin with some HUGE saves to close out the game.

PS: what was the deal with the last penalty? delay of game?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 04:47 AM)
Gigantic loss. Hopefully we get some good news with Sopel, but with the way this season has gone with injuries, I say 3-5 weeks. Terrible.

This will force the Hawks to use Byfuglian at defense -- they have to now, there's no going around it. Assuming Sopel is out for a while as well, it's going to be Keith, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Barker and Zyuzin to hold the fort. That's actually not that terrible considering you're missing two of your top five defensemen. As for #6... you can't have Zyuzin and Johanson on the ice at the same time, so I'd like to see Hjarmlson (sp?) get a shot first (if he's not injured). If not, I'd see if you could trade for some sixth defnseman-type veteran filler who you won't have to give up much for.