2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
Vandermer? :ph34r:

Ha. Funny that Eaves is on the IR now as well with a concussion.

Just a shame with all of these injuries, but we've fought through them before.

Good win tonight as well. Offensively things clicked pretty well.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defenseman James Wisniewski injured his knee in a fight at the end of the game and will be out four to six weeks. Funny thing is I didn't even see where he got hurt during that fight. He was whoopin Tootoo and then seen him getting helped off the ice. I thought maybe Tootoo popped him good or something....damn these injuries are going to be a mess for this team.

Wizzer's injury is really a mystery... i think he must have injured it on that final takedown.

TooToo is the dirtiest player in the league, and it was awesome to see Wizzer smack him around, of course it had to come at the cost of 4-6 weeks.

Khabby better ratchet his play up a notch, they're going to need him play consistent-strong hockey.

8 shorthanded goals for Patrick Sharp (who could become a huuuuge star in Chicago), how?

Is this a skill that Sharp has, to score with a man down? (Had 4 career shorties before the season started)

Luck?

Coincidence?

Hard Work?

If he manages to score 3 more, he will assume the franchise record for SHG in a season. Sharp would assume the record of former Captain and he of the sickest 'stache in the league - Mr. Dirk Graham

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
8 shorthanded goals for Patrick Sharp (who could become a huuuuge star in Chicago), how?

Is this a skill that Sharp has, to score with a man down? (Had 4 career shorties before the season started)

Luck?

Coincidence?

Hard Work?

If he manages to score 3 more, he will assume the franchise record for SHG in a season. Sharp would assume the record of former Captain and he of the sickest 'stache in the league - Mr. Dirk Graham

Sharp actually has 7 in less than half the season, and the NHL record is 13 set by Mario Lemieux. It's a tough pace to keep, but he's on pace to break the record right now. How he does it I have no idea, but he could for sure become a star here.

BTW, did anybody else find it ironic that the Hawks first sellout this season was a game that was on television? Just proves how flawed and wrong Bill Wirtz was all these years.

Also, Nik was great in the 1st last night. I know Nashville didn't have a ton of shots and we led 2-0 after one, but the Hawks came out dead most of the period and a lot of their shots were great chances that he made nice saves on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)

Luck?

Coincidence?

Hard Work?

I think it's all of these, plus a good sense of when to break out of the defensive zone when the Hawks control the puck on the kill.

He's been simply amazing since being placed on the Kane/Toews line, and it'll be a damn shame if he doesn't make the All-Star team.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
BTW, did anybody else find it ironic that the Hawks first sellout this season was a game that was on television? Just proves how flawed and wrong Bill Wirtz was all these years.

I don't really find it ironic at all. To me it makes perfect sense that if you give people a good look at the atmosphere at a Hawks home game, especially the way they've been playing this year, that people would get interested and head out to the UC. I'll say it again, I am absolutely loving the momentum the franchise is building, and the upcoming Hawks Fan Convention is the only fan convention I'd even consider attending. I'd love to get Tony Esposito and Murray Bannerman's autographs on one of my old goalie sticks.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
I don't really find it ironic at all. To me it makes perfect sense that if you give people a good look at the atmosphere at a Hawks home game, especially the way they've been playing this year, that people would get interested and head out to the UC. I'll say it again, I am absolutely loving the momentum the franchise is building, and the upcoming Hawks Fan Convention is the only fan convention I'd even consider attending. I'd love to get Tony Esposito and Murray Bannerman's autographs on one of my old goalie sticks.

I've always said that if they would put the games on TV and put a decent team out there, I'd become a fan.

They did...and I got hooked.

Ruutu 2 A in 11 games.... seriously, enough excuses for the guy he needs to pick up his play.

I'm the biggest supporter of good ol #15 as anyone, but to be fair... its about time he starts turning talent and hard work into production.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
I think Sharp was Tallon's 1st acquisition as a GM as well wasn't it?

Something like Matt Ellison + a 3rd rounder IIRC.

Good Memory, I actually took my girlfriend to see the Hawks play on December 5th 2005 (Sharp's first game / our first date) 10 beers and a rag of chloroform later.... love sprouted.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 27, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
I've always said that if they would put the games on TV and put a decent team out there, I'd become a fan.

They did...and I got hooked.

Ditto, although I've always had a soft spot in my heart for them since I saw their 2nd to last victory at the Old Stadium from the balcony when I was 8 years old. One of my first sports memories, they beat Toronto in game 3 of the playoff series, Tony Amonte had 4 goals, my ears hurt the next day it was so loud....good times.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
Going to the game Sunday while I'm in town. Hopefully I can get some of the $8 college discount tickets. I gota worry bout sellouts now though, which I'm not complaining about at all.

Those tickets sell out quickly these days.... I would make sure to call the UC and find out when they go on sale (im pretty sure 3 HRs before puckdrop) and get there early.

Last two games I went to I had to drop 30+ a ticket because everything else was gone.

I was just reading about Wiz saying he actually hurt his knee prior to the fight...he stepped on a stick and "felt a pop" in which doesn't sound good. The last time that happened to me I needed reconstructive surgery and was down for 8 months....

Savard said Wisniewski injured his knee by stepping on a stick before his post-final horn fight with Nashville's Jordin Tootoo.

"That's what's incredible," Savard said. "He stepped on a stick and he felt a pop. He was going to go down, but there he goes. There's his will. He got mad. It tells you a lot about him."

Wisniewski injured the same knee last season and had spent the summer rehabbing it.

"He kept going, which was unbelievable," Seabrook said. "He's a tough kid. He threw some pretty big bombs. We're going to miss him for sure."

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
So all the sudden tickets are hard to come by.... I really can't find anything in 300 for Sunday....

This is the downside of newfound popularity.

It was nice to be able to walk up and get any seat you wanted, but that usually meant the team was crappy.

I like the current situation much better.

To build off Tony's update, here's the practice tidbits from the same thing:

There was good news and bad news on the injury front at Blackhawks practice Friday. Let's start with the good: Defenseman James Wisniewski only suffered a sprained knee Wednesday against Nashville and will be re-evaluated in 2-4 weeks.

Defenseman Brent Sopel hoped to be able to play Sunday despite the broken finger he suffered against the Predators but now figures to be out of the lineup for 1-2 weeks.

Brent Seabrook and Duncan Keith will log a lot of minutes on the blue line with Wisniewski and Sopel out. Dustin Byfuglien with Cam Barker and Andrei Zyuzin with recently-recalled Magnus Johansson will round out the defensive corps, though a call-up from Rockford prior to the matchup with the Kings hasn't been ruled out.

Barring any call-ups at forward, Sunday's lineup should look like this:

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Kontiola-Lang-Ruutu

Bourque-Dowell-Burish (The "Badger" line)

Koci/Samsonov-Perreault-Lapointe

Dowell (broken foot) will definitely play Sunday after resuming practice this week.

RW Martin Havlat skated before practice with Jason Williams. Both are out with groin injuries may be back within two weeks.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=347938

Also, only standing room only is available for Sunday's game. Against the freakin' Kings, who suck. The bandwagon is speeding out of control, sweet jesus. F the Bulls, start taking notice of the Hawks, Chicago.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
Going to the game Sunday while I'm in town. Hopefully I can get some of the $8 college discount tickets. I gota worry bout sellouts now though, which I'm not complaining about at all.

See above, Chimpy

Edited by IlliniKrush