2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
So all the sudden tickets are hard to come by.... I really can't find anything in 300 for Sunday....

wait till the holidays are over. It sucks for us few diehards, but its nice for the organization, so i wont be pissed.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
Blah, looks like I'm going to have to wait til next year to go to a game unless I come back to Chicago during Spring Break. I wouldn't mind spending some more money for the game Sunday, but my friends don't really want to.

SRO really isn't that bad of a place to watch the game, if you really want to go.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 28, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
SRO really isn't that bad of a place to watch the game, if you really want to go.

I'm goin to call my friends in a little bit and try to convince them to go. They don't really want to go as much as me because they go to COD, UofI, and Valpo so they are around town more.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/39549

What a great end to that game. It's one of the best finishes to a Blackhawk game I've ever seen -- the standing ovation, the complete ass-beating of a little prick like Tootoo, the high-fives from people in the stands immediately after the whooping... It sucks that Wiz got hurt in (or before) the process, but that's been a long-time coming.

It'll be interesting to see what Skille can do. He hasn't been lighting up the A but, at the same time, it's difficult to judge these guys -- there's just too many other factors (who's on his line, mainly, but also the fact that success in the A doesn't seem to have a correlation to success in the NHL). I wonder who his linemates will be -- Savard has not been at all afraid to stick these rookies on one of the top two lines. With Skille, I think he can play on any of the four lines -- the things I remember most about his training camp was that he did an extremely good job of forechecking and finishing his checks. He's also very, very fast. Obviously you don't want to set the bar too low but what I'm trying to get across is that he can fit in (if need be) on one of those 'mucker' roles.

I think they brought skille up too early.... its not gonna be easy for him to see the other two kids succeeding at the level that they are, and not be able to keep pace.

Maybe it will light a fire under his butt, and realllly motivate him to get to another level as a player.

I met Jack last year after he hurt his shoulder, hes a nice guy I hope he does well.

Glad to hear they cut Samsonov loose.

They might as well give another young kid such as Skille a chance to establish himself.

Yeah we want to make the playoffs, but this is a young team that should still be building for the future.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 30, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
Sharp-Toews-Kane

Kontiola-Lang-Ruutu

Burish-Dowell-Skille

Bourque-Perrault-Lapointe

Keith-Seabrook

Barker-Byfuglien

Richmond-Zyuzin

Good, no JagMo....I mean, MagJo.

Khabi in nets again? I'd assume so, since there was a break of a few days.

The whole game was s***. That was a bad bad hockey game, outside of a decent game by Khabbi. Richmond's play on the game-winner was terrible -- get your shot blocked and fall down when trying to get back on defense. It sucks because there's no other options, but having two of MagJo/Zyuzin/Richmond on the ice while Sopel heals up is going to be tough. Tonight was a game between one really bad hockey team and another team that was skating four-to-six AHL players.

It also sucked because the guys behind me sucked hard. Among other things:

- I heard the word "dude" more times than on a college campus.

- Discussion of the two-line pass -- at no point in this discussion did anyone mention that the two-line pass isn't in effect.

- One Anchorman reference over and over and over again -- "LOUD NOISES!".

- The fake (terrible) Canadian accent that was killed about (at least) 15 years ago, tagging "eh?" at the end of every statement.

- Complete lack of knowledge about anything and everything hockey. Calling Skille "Sally" (purposely, although the first time it was said it wasn't on purpose), calling Toews how his name is spelled as in "Toes", calling for the Hawks players to "HIT HIM!" while LA is cycling the puck. Oh, and any LA hit was a tripping penalty on them.

And to top it off, they were loud, obnoxious and generally annoying f***s. Gosh I hate people like that.

Well, I was there in my usual seats this evening. Outside of the little 'fight' that Richmond got into that, the Hawks sure as hell weren't hitting many people this evening. I don't know anything about hockey as most who have met me know (lol) but, there was some real lazy passes this evening.

I'm happy they got something point wise from tonight, but other than that, you gotta beat LA.

The people behind me in my section, had to be Hawk fans straight outta 1987. Just some bizzare comments on how things 'used to be'. Oye.