2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Buff hasn't played since the middle of the 2nd period. Benched to protect against an injury because they've agreed to a trade? I did not see any injury this game, and this is way too long to just be shortening the bench, nor do I see where he was god awful tonight. And we all know Savvy loves him.

???

OK so not much talk here about this tonight, but I have a feeling this will be the talk today when a trade is announced. Savvy had zero comment about Buff after the game from what I see and no one wrote about this...he's gone. Has to be. There's no other explanation.

I'm hoping it's Campbell from Buffalo after Dale signed him to an extension...which is why this is taking so long...and I have zero problem getting rid of Buff, especially for this. I'm thinking the Hawks would have to throw in a pick or someone like Bolland to pull it off, but that's fine by me. Please be Campbell, let's do this Dale.

I've never been so excited about an "almost deal" in my life.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Saw this on Rotowire;

Update: Campbell could be traded before the Feb. 26 deadline, according to The Buffalo News.

Recommendation: The Sabres still have a sour taste in the mouths after allowing key free agents Daniel Briere and Chris Drury to depart last offseason with nothing in return. Contract extension talks with Campbell have not progressed very far and the Sabres could deal him this season to salvage something. Buffalo has lost nine consecutive games and does not seem poised for a deep playoff run.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 02:59 AM)
So.. for the good/smart hockey fans in here, whose the better (or would you rather have) d-man Beauchemin or Campbell? Or is it a "doesn't matter they're both good" at this point.

I think Campbell is a tier above Beauchemin. They're both good, but Campbell covers his own end better and makes the first pass better.

Plus, he's a fellow redhead, and we have to stick together.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)
I've never been so excited about an "almost deal" in my life.

Tell me about Campbell -- I honestly don't know a whole helluva lot about him. Top pairing guy? Anybody you could compare him to (preferably a guy on the Hawks, as my range of players outside of the Hawks is rather limited).

CAMPBELL PUTS TALKS WITH SABRES ON HOLD.

THE BUFFALO NEWS: reports today Sabres defenceman Brian Campbell has decided he is finished negotiating with the team until the end of the season.

Spector's Note: Hat tip to Paul Kukla. Bad move by the Sabres in my humble opinion. It's believed they could've re-signed Campbell to a five-year, $5 million per season contract. Campbell's value will only rise between now and July 1st, and I suspect he'll test the market to gauge his value. Looks like another potential UFA could be shufflin' out of Buffalo.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
CAMPBELL PUTS TALKS WITH SABRES ON HOLD.

THE BUFFALO NEWS: reports today Sabres defenceman Brian Campbell has decided he is finished negotiating with the team until the end of the season.

Spector's Note: Hat tip to Paul Kukla. Bad move by the Sabres in my humble opinion. It's believed they could've re-signed Campbell to a five-year, $5 million per season contract. Campbell's value will only rise between now and July 1st, and I suspect he'll test the market to gauge his value. Looks like another potential UFA could be shufflin' out of Buffalo.

Well, Dale's not going to trade for a guy who won't talk extension. :angry:

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:50 PM)
Who said he wont talk extension with Chicago?

Well, if he wants to wait till the end of the season, I'm sure he'd want to do so with Buffalo or whichever team he got dealt to? Maybe I am completely wrong, perhaps this helps the Hawks get him even cheaper.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
Tell me about Campbell -- I honestly don't know a whole helluva lot about him. Top pairing guy? Anybody you could compare him to (preferably a guy on the Hawks, as my range of players outside of the Hawks is rather limited).

A better version of Duncan Keith (and I like Duncan Keith a lot, always have).

He's great with the puck, tons of offensive ability, good on the power play, more physical than Duncan but not overly physical as he isn't that big, real good in his own zone. Maybe not quite as fast as Duncan but very mobile.

Top pairing guy without a shadow of a doubt.

If he's seriously talking to him about a contract extension, give him the money, he's 28 and worth every penny and it fills a huge role on our team for the next X years.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Now there's a rumor from Edmonton stating than Tallon is working on a deal for D Dick Tarnstrom.

Sounds more do-able, though Tarnstrom is normally bad on any given night, and is 32 going on 33 years old. If we got him it better be for nothing.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
Sounds more do-able, though Tarnstrom is normally bad on any given night, and is 32 going on 33 years old. If we got him it better be for nothing.

I think Tallon is smart enough to understand that he doesn't have to go for everything this season, and I'm not sensing pressure from Rocky (although I could certainly be wrong) on Dale to make the playoffs this season. Having said that, if we get a guy like Tarnstrom -- who I admittedly don't know a whole helluva lot about -- I doubt much will be going the other way. If it's someone like Campbell, that's a different story -- he'd figure to be a cog on the blueline for the next five years (so long as an extension would be worked out), so giving up a combination of some of our decent young guys would be okay.

Well here's the answer on Buff:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=113415&src=149

Huge shame on the media for not asking about Buff on Sunday night. That's terrible coverage.

Also, I'm glad he's going back to wing, I cannot trust the guy defensively, he's brutal. Now the question is does Susan dress or is a move made before Wed? If it's Tarnstrom, blech.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Anyone think Lalime is being showcased?

Also looks like Hendry's stock is greater than Barker's right now.

The upcoming draft's pick could look really enticing to a team as well. I think the Hawks have more than enough youth and could use the Bulls as a nice model of what can happen with relying on to much youth.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 08:53 AM)
Anyone think Lalime is being showcased?

Also looks like Hendry's stock is greater than Barker's right now.

The upcoming draft's pick could look really enticing to a team as well. I think the Hawks have more than enough youth and could use the Bulls as a nice model of what can happen with relying on to much youth.

I'd rather Lalime were just starting bc the Hawks are trying to get rid of Khabibulin. Good point on the Bulls but the Blackhawks are in year 1 of giving these guys a chance... and in the NHL players aren't supposed to even play in the NHL their first year or two, which is completely different than the NBA.

Patrick Kane is one of few whom have made the jump from draftee to NHL without any time in the minors.