2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 02:45 AM)
Keith and Steve, maybe you should put each other on ignore, so we can try and keep things civil here.

Anyways, excellent performance on the road, although Colorado are banged up themselves.

And is Savy trying to create a goalie controversy here?

Steve, looks like Savvy is agreeing with you regarding Lalime as well. :cheers

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw this news as well;

General manager Dale Tallon said center Kevyn Adams' rehab from a knee injury was going as scheduled and the veteran could return in a month. ...

Suppose it would put the likes of Perrault on really thin ice if he made it back.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 03:01 AM)
Steve, looks like Savvy is agreeing with you regarding Lalime as well. :cheers

Lalime's got a history of good performances (over seasons)... Savvy's a smart coach. I think what I love is he's not so stubborn to stick with the high-paid guy.

It is nice to see the Hawks rebounding... this is most definitely something the team has lacked in the past. I imagine if Marty weren't injured half the time and we hadn't lost so many important skaters we'd still be right in the thick of things.

Aside from a Kane or Toews career ender (knocks on wood) nothing can really turn this into a bad season... enough has happened for me already.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
That might have been the goal of the year, competeing with Toews goal earlier vs Col.

I still give the slight edge to Toews, just because the goalie screwed up the pokecheck on Nash's goal.

Both spectacular goals, though.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:00 AM)
I still give the slight edge to Toews, just because the goalie screwed up the pokecheck on Nash's goal.

Both really cool to watch. Nash almost seemed like he was surprised that the net was so open at the end

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:06 AM)
Both really cool to watch. Nash almost seemed like he was surprised that the net was so open at the end

I think he was a bit surprised that the puck came back to him, really.

It bounced around a little from the pokecheck and came back to him with everyone else out of position.

He did all the work to create that play, and in a huge situation (down a goal in the final minute of play) - it was a true "playmaker's play".

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
I think he was a bit surprised that the puck came back to him, really.

It bounced around a little from the pokecheck and came back to him with everyone else out of position.

He did all the work to create that play, and in a huge situation (down a goal in the final minute of play) - it was a true "playmaker's play".

Ya, good call.

I would as well just for the sheer volume. Toews ate up three defenders and a goalie, while Nash got two and a goalie. Either way, both are just incredible.

See I think that's another reason Nash's goal is so impressive. The puck was indeed poke checked and he was able to stay composed and find the bouncing puck off his skate and hammer it in the net.

The Nash goal was much more impressive imo.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
See I think that's another reason Nash's goal is so impressive. The puck was indeed poke checked and he was able to stay composed and find the bouncing puck off his skate and hammer it in the net.

Agreed, definitely.

Nash's seemed to be on another level.

Edited by Steve9347

It's also building momentum. During their losing streak, the Blackhawks lost six games by two goals or less. Now they're starting to win the close games -- with Lalime in the net.

"The difference has been our goaltending," Chicago coach Denis Savard said.

I know it's already posted above, but Savvy could not have picked a better time to agree with me. :D

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
I know it's already posted above, but Savvy could not have picked a better time to agree with me. :D

There is no arguing with the guy right now. Khabi has been bad, and Lalime has been hot. You go with the guy who is winning, nuff said.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 02:41 AM)
I know I was laughing about that too... plus no Keith no Sopel....

Comcast has been pretty horrendous the past two nights. Apparently it's not important anymore to show how much time is left on the power play. I was also screaming at the TV when they zoomed to a closeup of Lalime as the Hawks had an odd man rush at some point last night.

Amazing to think we're 3rd last in the West, and we're only 5 points behind Minny who are 6th. It's such a tight race, and you know this team can perform if they stay healthy.

Lalime's play over the past 4 games could be the difference in us just making the playoffs if we can get everyone back healthy, but obviously that's a big if.

HNIC is stating that DT is shopping Habby to pretty much anyone who will listen. Old news I know but it seems to be getting around he is really trying to deal him. With his poor play and huge contract I have a hard time seeing too many teams being interested.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)
HNIC is stating that DT is shopping Habby to pretty much anyone who will listen. Old news I know but it seems to be getting around he is really trying to deal him. With his poor play and huge contract I have a hard time seeing too many teams being interested.

Only way Khabby is traded

A) Team is in playoff race

B) Team has established defense

C) Team has comparable albatross salary they want to unload

Colorado? Philly? just some thoughts.

Rosenbloom had a good line couple days back..... Khabibulin is Russian for Ben Wallace. How true.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)

Of course he is. I don't see how any decent GM bites, obviously, but who the hell knows. I've seen worse moves happen. If the CBA allowed you to eat money I'd say there was a pretty decent shot of actually moving him, but the way it is currently structured, I'd say it's damn near impossible. I'm not finding too many underproducing skaters making 5+ mil that GMs want to throw at us.