2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

There is supposedly a rumor the Hawks are offering Havlat to Tampa for Boyle.....someone on Stuy's board had it.

For EKtertainment purposes only:

Rumours flying around today!

The Flames are VERY close to signing Neon Dion to a long term deal that should set the bar for Weber and Campbell and others...

Word is that they are talking to Tampa, as is Chicago about a major deal as well

The Hawks are also reportedly dangling Havlat out there currently.

I am hearing Boyle's name in both situations.

Edited by EvilJester99

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
I can't see anyway TB would take on Havlat. That just makes zero sense. I think a much more realistic deal would be Nik+Prospect to TB for Boyle. The rumor I heard that makes sense for TB is St.Louis for Turco.

Wow,that would be pretty ballsy for Dallas.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
I can't see anyway TB would take on Havlat. That just makes zero sense. I think a much more realistic deal would be Nik+Prospect to TB for Boyle. The rumor I heard that makes sense for TB is St.Louis for Turco.

I really can't either, especially with the money they already have in forwards such as Richards, Lecavalier and St Louis.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2008 -> 08:05 PM)
There is going to be a big deal for the Hawks here real soon. They are going to shake it up quickly. They pretty much have to.

Tallon talked about an imminent deal a while ago and it never happened.

I'm hoping the fact that he's not talking now means something is on the horizon.

I really hope the next veteran Tallon acquires has a thicker skin than Havlat. Being healthier than Havlat would help, too.

UND-Minn Game tonight .. Sweet goal, have to wait for the replay around the 1 minute time to see it real well but #19 Trupp -- #8 Martens

and you can see #7 T.J. Oshie(STL Top pick) in the video, but thats not the point

I have no clue how to embed .. so

Barker? .. Barker? .. i guessed Kane, Havlet, Sharp, and Lang ... but f'n Barker? ... when it comes down to it I do not want Barker shooting in a shootout put Keith/Buf in if you want a "Defenseman" .. I was hoping they would let Ruutu go to try to get himself back

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
Barker Savvy, really, Barker? Even with Toews and JWill out, the Hawks only have 4 forwards capable of being in the SO? Skille? Ruutu? Anyone??? I would have put in Sopel or even Wiz before Barker. Sorry, I just don't get it.

Oh, and Critic, I agree about Havlat.

1.He is made of glass

2.Have never seen anything about him being a solid team mate

3.Incredibly soft

4. I understand he has been injured, but the fact remains he has 6 goals in 24 games. Pretty sure Rocky isn't enjoying paying Havlat a million a goal.....

I'm just not seeing real effort from Havlat any more, and that's what grating my nerves.

I'm sorry, but if you have the win in your hands, I want a better idea going in there than Havlat seemed to have.

And I agree with all sane human beings, Barker as your 5th guy is just ridiculous.

I'd put Skille, Ruutu, St. Pierre, Wiz, Sopel and Bourque in there before even considering Barker.

QUOTE(Random @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 10:20 PM)
We could do without havlat.... what we really need is Toews back....

It's kind of sad that a team would be so reliant on a rookie, even one as talented as Toews.

The whole deal about veterans is always said to be leadership and reliability, and Havlat's showing none of that this year.

Some of it can be pinned on the injury, but he's been back for a while now and he seems to be regressing.

Oh, and Krush.....................Khabibulin was great today.

;) :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
I'm just not seeing real effort from Havlat any more, and that's what grating my nerves.

I'm sorry, but if you have the win in your hands, I want a better idea going in there than Havlat seemed to have.

yeah the surprising thing today was that Havlet actually stood infront of the goalie a couple times .. that was solid but I swear I thought he got injured when he got pushed down when he was by the net(for any who remember it) I was oh great heres Havlet again

Hmmm;

How the whole sale situation transpires - which could come as soon as next week with the anticipated announcement of a purchase agreement to sell the team to Oren Koules - might have as much to say in the situation as anything else. In the open market, Boyle, 31, could potentially receive a contract worth $6-$7 million per season.

With a salary cap hit over $19 million already invested in Vinny Lecavalier, Brad Richards and Marty St. Louis, Koules and Feaster will have to determine whether they want to tie up that much in four players.

But if a deal can't be worked out, Feaster's hand may be forced and no doubt teams will line up to acquire Boyle's services before the deadline. Chicago is believed to be the most interested and have scouted the Lightning extensively the past two weeks, as have Phoenix and Ottawa, who were both in attendance Saturday.

"In the end, you can't lose significant assets for nothing should they elect to leave the organization as unrestricted free agents," Feaster said.

Sick.
Illini showed why they are ranked #1 this weekend. Down 2-0 going into the third period, they tied it up and won in overtime with less than 2 minutes to go. They did it in Ames Friday night and at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines Saturday afternoon.

Thought you and maybe Heads would be interested. :P

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 10:11 AM)
Illini showed why they are ranked #1 this weekend. Down 2-0 going into the third period, they tied it up and won in overtime with less than 2 minutes to go. They did it in Ames Friday night and at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines Saturday afternoon.

Thought you and maybe Heads would be interested. :P

that team is sick. I've seen alot of their home games this year, they just run teams over.