2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
I agree with what your saying, but Robert Lang was supposed to be the guy who made Marty "happy." They played with the Czech National team together and were friends?

Seriously, this guy needs to stop worry about being "happy" and start scoring goals, maybe when the Hawks are crazy popular in the city because they're winning will make Marty "happy".

100% correct.

Playing professional hockey for a very nice salary in a great city should be plenty enough to make someone happy.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
Kelly keeps saying Buff didn't score that last goal, and he's right.

The Blue Jacket player tried to shoot it over top and roofed it into his own net.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lang ends up with the credit for that goal.

Eddie Olczyk wants everyone to know that Buff didnt get that hat trick and that Lang will be getting the goal .. anyone watching the post game .. haha

Hopefully we will get a look at Crawford soon....

The Canadian Press

2/14/2008 10:14:28 AM

CHICAGO - Goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin sprained a knee during Chicago's 7-2 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Wednesday night and the Blackhawks have recalled Corey Crawford from the AHL's Rockford IceHogs.

GM Dale Tallon also announced Thursday that forward Jack Skille has been assigned to Rockford.

Montreal-born Crawford has appeared in 44 AHL games and has a record of 24-13-5 with two shutouts, a goals-against average of 2.72 and a .911 save percentage.

Crawford, 24, has appeared in two career NHL games for the Blackhawks, both during 2005-06. He was Chicago's second-round pick (52nd overall) in the 2003 entry draft.

Jack Skille was recalled by the Blackhawks on Jan. 28 and had appeared in three games and did not score. This season with the Blackhawks, Skille has played in 16 games and has three goals and five points. The 20-year-old American was drafted seventh overall in 2005.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
I think it was a pretty productive stint for Skille, I think he showed that he can play in this league. Lets hope he goes back down and start dominating in Rockford.

How Skille was not getting a better look than some of the worthless s*** that is the 3rd and 4th line is very indicative to the decision making going on with that team. Craig Adams is -12 has 5 points and does nothing yet he is getting ice time. I didn't even realize Skille had come back up after the AS break.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
How Skille was not getting a better look than some of the worthless s*** that is the 3rd and 4th line is very indicative to the decision making going on with that team. Craig Adams is -12 has 5 points and does nothing yet he is getting ice time. I didn't even realize Skille had come back up after the AS break.

You really want Skille playing on a line with Adam Burish and Martin Lapointe? They are a black-hole of talent.

With Bolland back up with the big club (who played a great game last night) there isnt a spot for Skille to play unless he was on the 4th line. Makes a ton more sense to let him play PP and get tons of icetime in the A.

EDIT: Craig Adams is pathetic though.... we should have traded for Karl Stewart, he had a big impact when he was on the team last year.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
You really want Skille playing on a line with Adam Burish and Martin Lapointe? They are a black-hole of talent.

With Bolland back up with the big club (who played a great game last night) there isnt a spot for Skille to play unless he was on the 4th line. Makes a ton more sense to let him play PP and get tons of icetime in the A.

EDIT: Craig Adams is pathetic though.... we should have traded for Karl Stewart, he had a big impact when he was on the team last year.

I loved watching Karl Stewart play. IMO he was just fine as a 4th line checking forward.

I suppose you're right about Skille making more use of his time in the A, but I just hate watching guys like Adams, Perrault and Lapointe flounder around helplessly while someone who at least wants to be out there is down on the farm.

Besides, you never know where Skille would end up when the Random Line Generator was done with him.

:D

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Skille going back down in garbage. Skille should be getting minutes over Bourque, Adams, Burish, Lapointe, and Perreault. There is no reason he can't get 13-15 min a game up here, I don't care who is playing with. Season is over. Start taking a look at the guys that are going to be here for the long haul, not Craig Adams....

I'm not going to disagree with you about skille, although id hesitate to say that the season is over, Id rather have him get mins over all the guys you mentioned... but that never happens in pro sports. Perrault makes too much money, same for Lapointe, Burish has some value as a 4th liner, Adams came from a Tallon trade and he wont sit, and Bourque has been lanquishing on the team for over 2 years.

The concept of "Sunk Cost" is lost on professional sports teams.

Jonathan Toews just made a sick play to set up Adams... of course he shot the puck directly in the corner. *Shudders*

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
The Hawks are 4 points away from having the worst record in the NHL. The season is over. However, unlike seasons before, they have a great shot of making the playoffs next season. If they don't, it has to be considered a failure .

The realistic best case scenario for this season is to have guys like Yanic, Adams, Bourque, and Lapointe(although I do like Marty) traded away for picks, and guys like Brouwer-Skille-Dowell get some serious PT up with the club. As I said, Tallon needs to see what he is holding in his deck.

The team has 25 games left after tonight, could be 8 points away from the 7 spot, and is finally getting healthy. While they are up against difficult odds, the season isn't over.

Yanic Perrault and Lapointe are the only two who could be traded out of that bunch, Rene Bourque has achieved nothing in his career and is injury prone and Craig Adams is pathetic.

I completely agree with you that those guys should play (in fact I think that they would produce more than the "veterans") but thats not how teams work. Tallon needs to get this team in the playoffs asap and wont just let the kids learn on his watch...