2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah hes out but we did not call up any goalie cuz crawford couldnt get to LA in time.

Great first half in my mind. The Kings definitely had the edge at the beginning and I knew they would score first. Beautiful powerplay by the hawks -- 28th goal by Sharp. Good to see we outshot the Kings 9-1 in the last 9 minutes or so.

Bolland is doing good, as is the 4th line he is on. Kane messed up the coverage on Harold.

Hopefully we have a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd, but thats just my hopes.

The Havlat goal was absolutely sick... everything else has been kind of garbage except perhaps for the Williams goal.

Cloutier is brutal, but regardless the Hawks are firing on all cylinders! 24 games to go after today, Commit to the Indian!

-Sopel might be out a couple weeks with a slight break by the wrist, which is very bad news.

-Lalime is expected to be in net tomorrow, Crawford has been traveling alot and is more then likely not ready.

I thought the worst line in tonights game was the line of Burish-Ruutu-Adams. I just dont like that line, partly because I am starting to think Burish might be the Ruutu of this team if he gets traded. Burish is always looking for the hit and the fight and is just a tough guy. Someone like Staal could man that line :P

For the "just get in and anything can happen" crowd, whoever they may be:

Here are the past 10 Stanley Cup champions and their regular season standing:

Ducks 4th overall

Hurricanes 4th

Lightning 2nd

Devils 4th

Wings 1st

Avalanche 1st

Devils 4th

Stars 1st

Wings 3rd

Wings 5th

Only once in the last 20 seasons has a team finished lower than 7th in the league and won the Cup.

(New Jersey in the work-stoppage season)

Some teams have come close, but the better teams generally win the Stanley Cup.

I heard this on the Blue Line hockey podcast and thought it was interesting - I had always felt that hockey had more "Cinderella stories", but I guess the story generally ends before the Finals end.