Dallasnews.com reports:

JUGGERNAUT

Dallasnews.com reports:

The Rangers will recoup either two or three young players who will come from a pool of eight players agreed upon by them and the White Sox. General manager John Hart said the trade would be complete by the trade deadline of July 31.

"It will be a combination of pitching and position players," Hart said. "We could go with several combinations, some of which will give us two players and others that will give us three."

In talking about the players the Rangers may receive, Showalter said all will be younger than age 25 and should bolster the organization. "It's a good deal. We have a chance to put two and maybe three guys into our system that can really help," he said.

"The White Sox got a good fit for what their needs are," Showalter said. "He plays three positions and he brings it every day. He's been a rock for us all year."

Guest hotsoxchick1
It will be a combination of pitching
something we already knew....

and position players
which could get ugly and leave us a tad empty handed if in case something happens?????

Guest hotsoxchick1

which could get ugly and leave us a tad empty handed if in case something happens?????

Good news for you HSC, all the players are under 25 so your boy Miles will still be around.

i figured that.......but i was thinking of younger guys like borchard, hummel and hankins who i would miss ..........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hankins is no kid either.  Born in 1976 I believe.  He's been kicking around down there for quite a while.

dont know why i was thinking he was younger ........we drafted him in 97 i think he was around the 13th pick?? anyhow he came through our system and has devloped quite well....he just came up to the double and trip a levels last year .......i would like to hang onto this kid... and since hes over the 25 age limit i dont have to worry about losing him lol.......thanks for reminding me of that jim....... ;)

Good news for you HSC, all the players are under 25 so your boy Miles will still be around.

I was hoping Miles would have been one of the guys Texas would take :P

Guest hotsoxchick1

I was hoping Miles would have been one of the guys Texas would take :P

:fyou :P