Hilarious Craigslist exchange

southsider2k5

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/09...d_to_find_.html

Desperate to find a husband who makes at least $500,000 a year, a "spectacularly beautiful" 25-year-old has taken out an ad on the Internet.

Instead of finding a sugar daddy on Craigslist.com, she's sparked a flurry of debate from cyberspace to Wall Street about her sanity and scruples.

"I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million," the lonely heart says in her anonymous Craigslist posting. "I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City."

She makes a point of saying that she's not from New York, but is as "articulate and classy" as an upper East Side socialite.

She once even dated a businessman who earned up to $250,000 a year, but apparently dumped him because that "won't get me to Central Park West."

While she boasts of being "spectacularly beautiful," she doesn't include a photo with her ad. Craigslist officials said the ad is legitimate and that she got 40 responses before removing it.

It's not clear how many marriage offers she received but one man who responded called her a "gold digger"; another smart aleck said she was a "depreciating asset."

"Here's the rub, you're looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity," the responder wrote acidly.

Barbie Adler, president of Selective Search, a matchmaking service that finds mates for wealthy executives, said the woman sounds "like a nut."

"Once a guy knows that a girl is just after their money, he's going to run," Adler said. "If any guy approaches her, he's going to be mattress-minded not marriage-minded."

A 36-year-old Wall Street trader named Joe of Battery Park City, said the woman "sounds like a prostitute."

"If she wants to live the high life, she should do it for herself," said Joe, who asked that his last name not be used. "She should come here and start waitressing and earn her own keep."

"She should be looking for a guy who will treat her right," said Sharon Freedman, 29, an accountant from the upper West Side, said.

Tracey Jollis, 23, an art student from Battery Park City, said the woman might get what she deserves. "Craigslist is not the best way to meet someone," Jollis said. "It's more about product and not about relationships, so maybe she belongs there."

[email protected]

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
This post was all over CL last week.

The best was a reply posted by a pro baseball player currently in the minors who I deduced to be Evan Longoria of the TB DRays.

I wonder how many Eva Longoria jokes he gets on an average day...