This made me chuckle.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 08:14 AM)
Speaking of which, Randi Rhodes was mugged and beaten while walking her dog this week in Midtown Manhattan. Apparently, the focus of the attack was on her face and mouth.

Somehow it will be Bush's fault. or the eeeeevil neocons in general.

Oh, my God -- from one of the sites:

She probably got beat up by her boyfriend or something like that and is trying to shift the blame to un-named right-wingers. How ridiculously lame. Where's the police report? Make her take a polygraph. Liberals are so gullible they'll be talking about this 'right-wing attempt to silence her' for decades to come.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 10:12 AM)

Don't EVEN start cherry-picking crazy comments that make conservatives/republicans look bad. One look at any of the top liberal sites can fill a f***ing library with the amount of over-the-top venom thrown at republicans on just about any subject you care to name.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)
Don't EVEN start cherry-picking crazy comments that make conservatives/republicans look bad. One look at any of the top liberal sites can fill a f***ing library with the amount of over-the-top venom thrown at republicans on just about any subject you care to name.

Alpha,

I am one of the most frequent critics on this site of people who throw blanket, "REPUBELICAN, BINLADENCRAT!" sentences. I was not doing that and I'm not trying to do that -- and I don't think there's anything in that post from me "cherry picking" (first of all, it was just one comment on that site, and that was it -- for anotehr, I didn't mention party, and I definitely didn't say anything to the effect of, "Look at what THE REPUBLICANs" are saying). I was just pointing out a comment that was so grossly imbecilic and insensitive that it made me gasp.

So relax.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 10:12 AM)

Which is almost as good as her co-host saying

"Is this an attempt by the right-wing, hate machine to silence one of our own?" he asked on the air, according to Talking Radio, a blog. "Are we threatening them? Are they afraid that we’re winning? Are they trying to silence intimidate us?"

Which begs the questions... Can a dog commit a hate crime?

The Koskids are still in denial, now claiming that the lawyers claims are 'fake' so that they can investigate what really happened. But this one comments just really stood out to me:

In searching for more information, I came across this Drudge story. As you can see - some of the comments are breath-taking in their viciousness. Imagine - wishing the poor woman extended pain and suffering, or saying this about the presumed attacker "I've got a dollar that says he was black (which as we all know means Democrat)." I had to stop reading. I began to get sick.
THIS, from the same webiste that hopes Bush gets shot, dies of AIDS and wished him ill will when Bush fell off his mountain bike. THIS, from the site that wishes all conservatives would die in a plane crash. I had to just laugh at the sheer blindness of that particular poster.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
The Koskids are still in denial, now claiming that the lawyers claims are 'fake' so that they can investigate what really happened. But this one comments just really stood out to me:

THIS, from the same webiste that hopes Bush gets shot, dies of AIDS and wished him ill will when Bush fell off his mountain bike. THIS, from the site that wishes all conservatives would die in a plane crash. I had to just laugh at the sheer blindness of that particular poster.

This, in a nutshell, is why leftist talk radio fails. It's amazing to me how leftists can sit there with a straight face and call Conservative radio "hate radio" and almost in the same breath spew vile comments like this.

Edited by NUKE

Back to the original topic - this radio show sounds GREAT! Penn & Teller have been doing an atheist podcast for some time, but a show on a over-the-air is awesome. It's too bad that show isn't on KTLK - the local progressive station. Let's hear it! Expose that crap for what it is - baseless superstition.

QUOTE(NUKE @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 10:05 AM)
This, in a nutshell, is why leftist talk radio fails. It's amazing to me how leftists can sit there with a straight face and call Conservative radio "hate radio" and almost in the same breath spew vile comments like this.

And its the same garbage that comes out of conservative talk radio.

Seriously, who listens to or reads any of this garbage?

Actually, I listen to Lionel and Thom Hartmann on AAR occasionally. Solely because there seems to be some thought behind it and it isn't slash and burn insults.

I try to listen to WABC and find it just about impossible, with the exception of John Gambling - although with Imus coming in and them paring Gambling up with Curtis Sliwa in December, I'm thinking that last bastion of listenable talk radio on WABC is walking out the door.