Red Sox Indians

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
I think all the people who hate Fenway, Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field wish they had a ballpark that was host to a tenth as much history as those ballparks, or which was loved by a hundredth the amount of people.

While the hundredth part might be right (THANKS MEDIA - and you'd agree), the tenth I'd disagree with because I'm a homer both for the Sox and USCF and against all 3 of those teams. That, and the fact that none of those teams has ever gone 11-1 in the playoffs AND won 8 in a row. Two of the teams have done one of the two, but USCF is home to someone who did both, and then won a World Series...

...by a team KW created.. :huh :o :)

QUOTE(max power @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
It knocked the pigment clean off his face, eh?

He has just looked sickly, thin, and pale since it happened, It seemed to age him 20 years. So I guess you could say that, yeah. :)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
I think all the people who hate Fenway, Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field wish they had a ballpark that was host to a tenth as much history as those ballparks, or which was loved by a hundredth the amount of people. Same with the people who mock the Sweet Caroline tradition at Fenway, or Take Me Out to the Ballgame -- hell, to a certain extent I think the same can be said for those who dislike Steam's Goodbye at Sox Park, or the great advertisements that cover the entire stadium.

Or people don't need a historic stadium to enjoy a game. I'm there to watch baseball not take in the history of the place, I really couldn't care less that the Cubs have lost for a billion years in Wrigley or that the Red Sox fans have whined for a million years in their park or that the Yanks have been the best franchise in sports for however long in their park. But hey, you know everything.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
Or people don't need a historic stadium to enjoy a game. I'm there to watch baseball not take in the history of the place, I really couldn't care less that the Cubs have lost for a billion years in Wrigley or that the Red Sox fans have whined for a million years in their park or that the Yanks have been the best franchise in sports for however long in their park. But hey, you know everything.

The day will come, maybe the day they close the Cell, that you'll come to appreciate the history made in all these old ballparks. I've attended games in Wrigley, Comiskey, the old Busch and the old Tiger Stadium and I am very glad I had the chance to see every one of those great old ball parks.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 12:16 AM)
I think Kevin Youkillis is very ugly and I couldn't look at him for more than ten minutes. The way he runs, the way his face is formed, the beard -- and that monstrous batting stance.

I really just hate that Joe Buck called him one of the most patient hitters in the game when - atleast on my scale - that is just untrue and he's stating that based on his "reputation" alone. He walks quite a bit, there's no question about that, but 77 walks in 145 games is not exactly what I'd call one of the most patient hitters in the game; if you are going to state that, then Paul Konerko, Kelly Johnson, and Kevin Millar are also among the most patient hitters in the game as well.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
I really just hate that Joe Buck called him one of the most patient hitters in the game when - atleast on my scale - that is just untrue and he's stating that based on his "reputation" alone. He walks quite a bit, there's no question about that, but 77 walks in 145 games is not exactly what I'd call one of the most patient hitters in the game; if you are going to state that, then Paul Konerko, Kelly Johnson, and Kevin Millar are also among the most patient hitters in the game as well.

He is #7 in baseball in # of pitches seen per plate appearance.

I was watching the game on Saturday night and, at one point during extra innings, I got a terrible feeling in my stomach. Just look at these two teams and compare them to the White Sox' roster -- we're so much less talented than both these teams, it isn't even funny. And yes, I understand I could have made this same statement three months ago, but still -- it's scary to think of how far the Sox have to go to reach the levels of where they were at in 2005 and (to a lesser extent) 2006.

Comparing older parks to newer parks are like comparing cars, television and the rotary to the touch tone phone. The older stuff is nice but it becomes out dated and should be replaced. Yankee Stadium, Fenway and Wrigley are testaments to history but each are uncomparable to a modern park. If you think an average seat at Wrigley is better than an average seat at Comiskey, you are wrong. The amenities also can not be compared. The UD at Yankee Stadium is identical if not a greater slope than blue seat Comiskey. Fenway and Wrigley have a quirky feel to them and that feeling is not comfort. I liked Chicago Stadium but the UC blows it away. I'll save the history of things for Ken Burns documentatries and museums.

IMHO.

Go Tribe I guess.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 11:17 AM)
Comparing older parks to newer parks are like comparing cars, television and the rotary to the touch tone phone. The older stuff is nice but it becomes out dated and should be replaced. Yankee Stadium, Fenway and Wrigley are testaments to history but each are uncomparable to a modern park. If you think an average seat at Wrigley is better than an average seat at Comiskey, you are wrong. The amenities also can not be compared. The UD at Yankee Stadium is identical if not a greater slope than blue seat Comiskey. Fenway and Wrigley have a quirky feel to them and that feeling is not comfort. I liked Chicago Stadium but the UC blows it away. I'll save the history of things for Ken Burns documentatries and museums.

IMHO.

Go Tribe I guess.

I agree with everything you said here. Still, I'm glad I got to see that right field porch in Tiger Stadium before they stopped playing there.