Red Sox Indians

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really a well played game and fun to watch. Both teams got very good bullpen work, good defense, got out of some jams, the 2 run homer.....Cleveland just got the clutch hit and then hustle by Hafner to get the other 2 runs, and Westbrook was able to get out of the jams which Daisuke couldn't. Still looks like a series that will go 6 or 7 games, and the winner will be at a major disadvantage against Colorado in terms of setting up their rotation and days of rest. And wow, Daisuke has turned out to be quite a bust. Not surprising, but it just hits you when you watch him pitch as poorly as he has in his 2 playoff outings.

Oh, and I thought the ump was horrid for both teams, no conspiracy. Keep in mind the ump was the HORRID Brian Gorman behind the plate, who has a small strike zone, but of course we know him better as the receiver of Hawk's venom after he threw out Mark Buehrle against Baltimore, ending Mark's streak of starts going 6 innings or longer.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Boston is apparently going to stick with Wakefield tonight. I don't like this decision at all, as if Beckett pitches tonight, he could pitch game 7 on regular rest (and I think there is a great chance this goes 7), and to me Wakefield's back is a bigger question mark than Beckett on 3 days rest. Although this might be a moot point, because Boston is in deep doo doo if they lose tonight either way. They SHOULD pound Paul Byrd in theory with as much as he's in the strike zone, but then again he won't issue the walks that Boston thrives on, so tonight should be interesting and likely high scoring.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Boston is apparently going to stick with Wakefield tonight. I don't like this decision at all, as if Beckett pitches tonight, he could pitch game 7 on regular rest (and I think there is a great chance this goes 7), and to me Wakefield's back is a bigger question mark than Beckett on 3 days rest. Although this might be a moot point, because Boston is in deep doo doo if they lose tonight either way. They SHOULD pound Paul Byrd in theory with as much as he's in the strike zone, but then again he won't issue the walks that Boston thrives on, so tonight should be interesting and likely high scoring.

Beckett came out of the pen to beat the cub in 04 he may come out tonight for a few innings. Imagine seeing him after seeing Wakefield a time or two?

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Beckett came out of the pen to beat the cub in 04 he may come out tonight for a few innings. Imagine seeing him after seeing Wakefield a time or two?

Beckett will not come out of the pen tonight, he pitches game 5, lol. Also, Wakefield has the 2nd worst ERA in postseason history among guys with at least 40 innings pitched, so he has a history of sucking this time of year. Plus, the Cub thing was in 2003. And finally, Beckett pitched one of the greatest games in postseason history, a complete game shutout in game 6 of the 2003 World Series at New York to win the crown, on 3 days rest, and his other start on 3 days rest that postseason saw him allow only 1 run, so he's done it before and done it well.

The game has a chance of raining out which would definitely help the Red Sox.

There is only a 20 percent chance of showers in Cleveland, and the radar is clear for hundreds of miles around the city. No chance this game gets rained out.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

after getting my first extended look at him tonight, i have to say i'm happy we didn't end up with delcarmen in a dye deal. at least on this night he looked very similar to the relievers we currently have.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 02:11 AM)
after getting my first extended look at him tonight, i have to say i'm happy we didn't end up with delcarmen in a dye deal. at least on this night he looked very similar to the relievers we currently have.

You know he's been phenomenal this year? He'd be the 2nd best arm in our pen.

Unless one of the following 2 unlikely senarios happen:

1. The Red Sox come back from 7 down in the 6th

2. The Red Sox beat Cleveland 3 times in a row, with Sabathia, Carmona, and Westbrook going

Tito will be hearing about the ill fated decision to start Wakefield in game 4 instead of Beckett in games 4 and 7 for a long time in New England.