Hahn interviewing for Cardinals' GM job

thedoctor

If Antonetti interviews, he'll get the job. He just signed an extension with Cleveland mid-season, and like Hahn, has pulled his name out of consideration for other openings.

With the Cards looking to go with a more analytical approach, I would think that he wouldn't be as quick to dismiss their offer.

QUOTE(gosox41 @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
I've heard Hahn plays a bigger role in the Sox front office then he is given credit for.

Bob

Then, according to the credit your are giving him, he does a great job.

I wouldn't say the sole reason, but he was probably the biggest reason Buehrle resigned.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 02:24 AM)

I wouldn't say the sole reason, but he was probably the biggest reason Buehrle resigned.

I call BS on that too. The Sox have gotten excellent values in all of their contract extensions, except for maybe Contreras, and that was because the chances of him falling apart were too big. In reality, when he extended, his contract was a steal for the numbers he would have gotten as a free agent. Pretty much you can say that with all of our extensions.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 02:24 AM)

I think he's the creative one when it comes to working the budget and finding ways to do different stuff. I will say that I would take Hahn over KW as GM in a nano second. While Hahn is more of an unknown quanitity, I doubt he could do worse with the farm system.

Bob