Dusty is back

Dick Allen

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 05:28 AM)
Jon Garland for Josh Hamilton and Cueto.

Yeah let's hope another team just entered the Garland sweepstakes based on the Baker hiring, because you know how much Dusty loves his veteran arms.

And considering he's a sinkerball pitcher, Garland would actually fit well at the GAB.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
They better trade Dunn soon; clogging up the bases is bad.

They should have moved Dunn two years ago when teams everywhere were ready to give up multiple top prospects for him (theyd still give up a lot, but not as much as before). God is Dunn over-rated (however, he's gotten less hype the past year which makes him a bit less over-rated now).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
Dude is back. The first ex-Cubs manager to manage again in quite a while.

I have a question for Red management:

How dumb is you????

What a joke Baker is. He's so overrated. I guess Cincy likes being a lower tier team in the worst division in baseball.

Bob

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)
Is that before the 2005 season, or after the World Series?

After WS, when his value would never be higher (and the Sox were skeptical they could extend him) and we could have gotten some prospects possibly.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 01:02 AM)
Yeah, but they got Dick Pole.

hammerhead! Long time, no see. Dick Pole, huh, interesting. Why, you know what else is interesting, I'm sure you just haven't had time to get around to it, but there's a fantasy baseball winner's thread. Link happily provided. Pretty cool, you should definitely check it out. Y'know, congratulate the winner in your league, whoever that was (I'm sure I don't know!). Feel free to reflect at length on his genius, his brilliant, unorthodox moves -- that sort of thing. Hey, I bet you did pretty well! Did YOU win, hh? Well, either way, a very worthwhile thread. Cheers!

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 05:14 AM)
hammerhead! Long time, no see. Dick Pole, huh, interesting. Why, you know what else is interesting, I'm sure you just haven't had time to get around to it, but there's a fantasy baseball winner's thread. Link happily provided. Pretty cool, you should definitely check it out. Y'know, congratulate the winner in your league, whoever that was (I'm sure I don't know!). Feel free to reflect at length on his genius, his brilliant, unorthodox moves -- that sort of thing. Hey, I bet you did pretty well! Did YOU win, hh? Well, either way, a very worthwhile thread. Cheers!

Congratulations on putting an end to the Tim Lincecum Era. :cheers

Of course, you had Juan Pierre, so our matchup was a little unfair to begin with.