A Quick Q about Hunter Thompson

Gregory Pratt

I attended a few parties last night and at one of them, Hunter Thompson came up and someone said they'd heard a long rumor about him killing a girl in his basement but they didn't know the rest of the details. I, being quite familiar with Thompson although I'm more familiar with his work than his life, don't believe I've ever heard that before. In fact, I'm almost sure that I haven't heard that before, and it isn't just because of the aftereffects of a night out.

So tell me, is there anything to the rumor? Does the rumor exist? What is it?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 08:58 AM)
I attended a few parties last night and at one of them, Hunter Thompson came up and someone said they'd heard a long rumor about him killing a girl in his basement but they didn't know the rest of the details. I, being quite familiar with Thompson although I'm more familiar with his work than his life, don't believe I've ever heard that before. In fact, I'm almost sure that I haven't heard that before, and it isn't just because of the aftereffects of a night out.

So tell me, is there anything to the rumor? Does the rumor exist? What is it?

WOW.

How exactly did they ask that question?

What what his reply?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
WOW.

How exactly did they ask that question?

What what his reply?

We were talking about The King of Kong and that turned into a conversation about Johnny Depp which turned into a conversation about Hunter Thompson movies which turned into a conversation about his book which turned into her saying, "Didn't he kill a girl in his basement?" and I said, "I'm pretty sure he didn't -- I've never heard it" and she said, "That's a long rumor" I said, "Hmm. I'll check it out when I get home" and from there we started talking about Ted Kennedy and from there we talked about anti-war activists and the criticism I've receieved from them and the controversies that arise when you copy edit something and from there there was no more Hunter Thompson but yeah, Thompson didn't kill anyone to the best of my knowledge and research this morning.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
There were swords, alcohol, Halo, good people, conversation -- yeah, it was a good party.

Sounds like a party at a good friends place, except instead of Halo, its Super Smash Brothers. Although Halo is great too :P

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 15, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Sounds like a party at a good friends place, except instead of Halo, its Super Smash Brothers. Although Halo is great too :P

I paid more attention to the ladies than Halo. But Smash is awesome, too.

Really, I gave up videogames when Rare got bought by Microsoft, but damn if I don't still read all the magazines just because.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
I paid more attention to the ladies than Halo. But Smash is awesome, too.

Really, I gave up videogames when Rare got bought by Microsoft, but damn if I don't still read all the magazines just because.

why do I get the feeling that your mother dressed you up in a suit every day of your life...

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
why do I get the feeling that your mother dressed you up in a suit every day of your life...

anybody who has ever met me would tell you that's a false impression. That's about all there is to it as I'm not going to take the rest of that bait.