MLB Power Pros (Nintendo Wii)

joejoesox

Just bought this game a couple days ago and wow, it's amazing. I've played quite a few BB games over the years and this one is by far the best in terms of gameplay and depth. The amount of pitches that they included in the game is staggering.

Fastball (2S/4S)

Slider

Hard Slider

Cutter

Curve

Slow Curve

Drop Curve (?)

Slurve

Knuckle Curve

Sinker

Hard Sinker

Screwball

Forkball, Palmball, Change, Circle Change, Vert. Slider, Knuckleball, Split, Foshball(?), Shuuto, Hard Shuuto, Sinker

You can't throw any pitch you want, using any pitcher. Each MLB pitcher has their own arsenal of pitches that are for the most part accurate to their real-life counterpart (Some exceptions include Garland not having a sinker, Danks not having a Curveball, etc)

The game also keeps track of how many times you've hit a certain pitch as well as recorded an out/struck out swinging on a pitch. Even keeps track of how many times you've fouled a ball off or swung and missed, on any type of pitch

It has really simple graphics, something you'd think a kid would enjoy because of its simple looks but this game is like a strategy game in terms of how much depth it has.

If anyone has a Wii (I think it's out for PS2 as well), I recommend renting/buying it, definitely the best baseball game I've played

Btw it doesn't use the Wii Remote's motion sensor for batting/pitching like Wii Sports baseball does, but it would be a much simpler game if it did, and I think they tried to make this game as much of a Simulator as possible with the pitch location/swing aim that it currently has

Here's a review @ IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/825/825828p1.html

I dunno how many people here play videogames (seriously/casually or whatever), but the game is fun indeed

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 02:33 AM)
Just bought this game a couple days ago and wow, it's amazing. I've played quite a few BB games over the years and this one is by far the best in terms of gameplay and depth. The amount of pitches that they included in the game is staggering.

Fastball (2S/4S)

Slider

Hard Slider

Cutter

Curve

Slow Curve

Drop Curve (?)

Slurve

Knuckle Curve

Sinker

Hard Sinker

Screwball

Forkball, Palmball, Change, Circle Change, Vert. Slider, Knuckleball, Split, Foshball(?), Shuuto, Hard Shuuto, Sinker

You can't throw any pitch you want, using any pitcher. Each MLB pitcher has their own arsenal of pitches that are for the most part accurate to their real-life counterpart (Some exceptions include Garland not having a sinker, Danks not having a Curveball, etc)

The game also keeps track of how many times you've hit a certain pitch as well as recorded an out/struck out swinging on a pitch. Even keeps track of how many times you've fouled a ball off or swung and missed, on any type of pitch

It has really simple graphics, something you'd think a kid would enjoy because of its simple looks but this game is like a strategy game in terms of how much depth it has.

If anyone has a Wii (I think it's out for PS2 as well), I recommend renting/buying it, definitely the best baseball game I've played

Btw it doesn't use the Wii Remote's motion sensor for batting/pitching like Wii Sports baseball does, but it would be a much simpler game if it did, and I think they tried to make this game as much of a Simulator as possible with the pitch location/swing aim that it currently has

Here's a review @ IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/825/825828p1.html

I dunno how many people here play videogames (seriously/casually or whatever), but the game is fun indeed

love the breakdown, but this needs to go in the Videogame catchall

Casual fans can pick their favorite players, teams, and stadiums in the practice, home run derby, exhibition, and league modes. If you play the game on the Wii, you can even swing the Wii Remote around like a bat in home run derbies and exhibition games.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/jikkyou...=summary;review

In the preview they said you could choose which form of control. I am guessing that changed for the final product.