2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
Can't happen.

I have it from a solid basketball source:

THat was before they gave up on Skiles. I could continue to state things I don't believe in or I could hope the franchise makes big changes.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 05:02 AM)
Houston would be crazy to do that even if T-Mac's become such a fragile, injury prone player.

In case you didn't catch it, that post is me mocking the people who think that Pax is too timid to make a deal for a big star, because right now no team out there is stupid enough to trade the Bulls a big star for any of the guys they have the way they're playing.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
THat was before they gave up on Skiles. I could continue to state things I don't believe in or I could hope the franchise makes big changes.

Skiles was fired on Dec 24.

Your comment was on Dec 31.

:usa

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
They are both nice players lol, but they dont come close to the above mentioned ones.

Have you seen many warriors,kings games? If so you would know how good of young players they are. John salmons is even turning into a good player.

Has anyone here heard anything on the eddie curry or david lee to sac for mike bibby?

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 12:21 PM)
Have you seen many warriors,kings games? If so you would know how good of young players they are. John salmons is even turning into a good player.

Has anyone here heard anything on the eddie curry or david lee to sac for mike bibby?

Nothing more than a rumor at this point. Bibby is expected to make his debut tonight.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 04:26 AM)
In case you didn't catch it, that post is me mocking the people who think that Pax is too timid to make a deal for a big star, because right now no team out there is stupid enough to trade the Bulls a big star for any of the guys they have the way they're playing.

Ah ok.

Well I'd say the Bulls are definitely stuck with Wallace. McGrady isn't a Paxson type of player, and the Bulls would have to offer a 1st plus Thomas plus Wallace IMHO to at least get the Rockets to consider it.

As for the Bell and Diaw deal, Bell is very valuable to Phoenix. He's their best perimeter defender, and they'll need him in the playoffs, especially if they face the Lakers. Diaw has certainly regressed, but he still has some decent offensive skills, and if they did that deal, they'd have to start Barbosa, that'd be a very undersized backcourt.

I'd say the Bulls could offer Wallace to the Knicks for one of their contracts (Zach Randolph for example). They could try a Bibby and Kenny Thomas for Wallace and something else maybe (probably a player plus a pick).

In fact I'd say, if the Bulls want to dump Wallace, they're going to have to put Tyrus Thomas in a trade with him.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)
PWN3D

Oh no! Internet PWNAGE .

I just don't really care though. My thoughts on the Bulls season are f*** it, and with that, I'd rather they signed Luc Longley and Jerry West and threw them out there. I'm done putting thought into a team with no heart.

Edited by Steve9347

It's all Kobe's fault..........

I actually think a Randolph for Wallace trade could be beneficial for both teams, but I doubt either would consider it.

Bulls get a low post scorer they desperately need, while the Knicks get a decent defender to put alongside the defenceless Eddy Curry.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
Playing one of the worst teams in the leauge.

no one said they werent .. but a win will be a win .. they need to get something going and rebound from the shame ... i mean game from last night

Ill take the play out of Sefolosha that he is doing in this game any night .. minus the early foul trouble

QUOTE(gbuk @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
Now for a legit post since I don't watch too much of the Bulls, how much has Tyrus been playing since the Boylan era began? Dude should definitely get a bunch of PT, clearly one of the best options down low.

Really not much (you could say that for most of the young kids from the shortened rotation) but him mostly. It's a damn shame cuz to me he's fun to watch. He's still raw though in his game so he's non-existant down low but it will come in time if he puts in the work.

I'm one of the biggest (if not the biggest, defend his ass alot) on the board so it's coo to see another fan of his.