2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
All of the physicals must be completed before a trade can be official, and they weren't, so nobody in that trade could play tonight. The Bulls guys didn't take their physicals until like 5 this evening, and I'm not even sure if the new Seattle or Cleveland guys took them today.

I dont believe they were taking issue with the fact that Wallace, Smith and co werent playing. Its about the fact that Hughes, Simmons, Brown, and Gooden were all sitting with the Bulls, and at the Cleveland game Ben Wallace was in a luxury box.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)
The Bulls traded for him on July 13th, 2006 and then traded him away July 19th........hard to be an asshole and make people believe you don't want to be somewhere in under a week.

Dude, we got him for Tyson, whom Pax basically wanted to drop, and then found Denver a willing taker for Smith, whom we wanted no part of...

He had a great game tonight, but he'd bring NOTHING to a Bulls team with Gordon already as their 6th man monster.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 03:19 AM)
Dude, we got him for Tyson, whom Pax basically wanted to drop, and then found Denver a willing taker for Smith, whom we wanted no part of...

He had a great game tonight, but he'd bring NOTHING to a Bulls team with Gordon already as their 6th man monster.

He was really hyped coming into the league, however when a guy with the ability of Smith gets dumped as an extra in trades you know hes got a s*** attitude.

Rockets go down tonight against the Bulls. Got that stuff DVR'd and I can't wait to watch it. I am really excited to see the youngsters play down low (game 2 in the post Wallace era). God I'm glad Wallace is gone. I don't think I've ever been happier to see a player go than I am to see Wallace gone.

I'm going for the Bulls.

Yeah the Hornets are a good team, but I wouldn't even put them in the top 5 in the West. I know their record says otherwise, but the Lakers, Spurs, Suns, Mavericks, Rockets, and possibly the Jazz have a better shot coming out based on experience.

It's so funny that so many Bulls fans were defending Big Ben midway through the 1st season, even though all of the signs were there that he was in a big decline.

Just was a terrible signing by John Paxson in the 1st place, and it's really cost this franchise a lot of momentum.

And I see Yao having a big night tonight.

I'd say the Jazz have a decent shot coming out of the West as well Willy.

The Korver addition really gave them an outside presence (which Kirilenko doesn't have), and it's opened up the court more for Williams and Boozer to play those picks and rolls, which they do so well. And they made the conference finals last season, so anything is possible.

Long - term, I think they need upgrades at SF and C. Don't know if you can win a championship with Mehmet Okur hoisting up shots from the outside all of the time.

cant wait to see the game tonight just cuz i love to see how the new players mesh with the rest. If I see them having a good time on a bench it will be a fun team to watch, they are so young and I hope to see a lot of Hinrich-Gooden connections tonight .. Hughes can throw up 35 too hah

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
Well I'll say at least the Bulls have got a pretty deep bench and 10 man rotation now.

Bringing Deng off the bench is quite interesting to say the least. Has he been healthy lately?

Deng played in the last 2 games and looked pretty healthy, he hadnt played since Jan 21st

Well the Rockets showed how good they have become. Major sleeper team right now, and I'd be putting some $$$$ on them to win the whole thing depending on their odds.

But the West is so loaded, it's so hard to pick who's going to win.

Definitely not going to be Denver or Golden State though. Any other team in contention probably can.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
I'd say the Jazz have a decent shot coming out of the West as well Willy.

The Korver addition really gave them an outside presence (which Kirilenko doesn't have), and it's opened up the court more for Williams and Boozer to play those picks and rolls, which they do so well. And they made the conference finals last season, so anything is possible.

Long - term, I think they need upgrades at SF and C. Don't know if you can win a championship with Mehmet Okur hoisting up shots from the outside all of the time.

haha thanks, I'm a Jazz fan so I'm not trying to be biased here. Yeah they definately need and upgrade at C and could use on at SF too. Okur is decent, but a more defensive player would be nice.

I actually think Kurt Thomas would have been the perfect type of player for the Jazz to go after. But then they'd have to give up expiring contracts / draft picks etc.

But they need that type of defensive center who can still knock down a jumper or 2. It's just so hard to find those type of guys.

As for Kirilenko, I think he'll be dealt if the Jazz don't do well in the playoffs. Maybe they could target a Shawn Marion, I don't know.

The last four minutes before the half in the Bulls game have been some of the worst officiating on both sides I think I have ever seen. Kirk got thrown out in about 2.3 seconds, Josh Howard got a technical, the Deng got to shoot three free throws, and he missed two of three, no calls, a missed goaltend, it was ugly.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 05:15 AM)
According to ESPNews, Yao Ming is going to miss the rest of the season. If that's true the Rockets are done. Still want to bet on them DBAHO?

Stick a fork in them, they're done. I turned into the kiss of death didn't I.

Any other teams in the West you want me to put my money on? :P

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
According to ESPNews, Yao Ming is going to miss the rest of the season. If that's true the Rockets are done. Still want to bet on them DBAHO?

It's really starting to seem like his body just isn't going to ever be able to take the pounding of being a gigantic man playing in the NBA.