2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

I'm willing to question Carter's desire to play basketball as much as anyone, but his numbers are only down scoring wise.

Vince is averaging 20.5 ppg compared to his career 23.9 ppg, but his field goal percentage is the same and his rebounding and assist numbers are better.

VC: 20.5 ppg, 5.1 apg, 5.6 rpg

Jefferson: 23 ppg, 2.8 apg, 4.4 rpg

It's not like he's one of even the top 20 paid players in the NBA. Utah could swap Kirilenko for him and end up with a hell of a trio. Carter and Williams would be the best passing backcourt in the NBA from day one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter for Marbury I could actually see, and it's been mooted in the NY papers.

New Jersey gets a massive contract off the books next off-season, and it'll be a prime player in the Wade / Melo / LBJ Free Agency period.

For NY, well I guess they dump a cancer in Marbury, but they still desperately need a PASS FIRST PG.

As for the Minny trade proposal, how about Minny gets a 1st from NJ, and on trades that to the Celtics, for I dunno, Leon Powe. And then everyone's happy!

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
Um, Kevin McHale is the GM of the Timberwolves. Unless he's secretly trying to help the Celtics?

There are some who believe Kevin McHale should win Executive of the Year for turning the Celtics into a championship contender again.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
Huh? Are you implying it is on a tape delay?

yeah it was implying while still asking the question ... cause I knew TNT wasnt starting it til 7:30 but at like 635ish i saw on the SC bottom line that the West was up 3 or whatever

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
I dont know know what some of these dudes are thinking.. Howard won the dunk contest and it wasn't even close.. Behind the goal was alone enough to win.. his other three were impressive as well.. he should have won last year too

I never said Howard shouldn't have won, I just said his dunks weren't that good. That doesn't mean the competitors were crappier. Howard's 1st dunk was ridiculous. After that, very, very meh.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 03:20 AM)
I never said Howard shouldn't have won, I just said his dunks weren't that good. That doesn't mean the competitors were crappier. Howard's 1st dunk was ridiculous. After that, very, very meh.

The tap off the backboard to himself was "meh"?

Not a kind analysis from Charles Rosen;

CHICAGO: F

Ultra-high intensity coaches like Scott Skiles can easily turn off their players — especially if they don't win. The Bulls are also paying the price for their disastrous signing of the washed-up Ben Wallace. The current rumor is that John Paxson is considering Larry Brown as his next coach. In truth, this wouldn't be a bad move. If Brown is likewise in the Skiles-Billy Martin mold, at least he's earned a championship ring. However, if Brown is indeed hired and the Bulls aren't legitimate contenders after two seasons, then the surviving Bulls will most likely undergo another disengagement with another over-the-top coach. By any measure, this franchise is in total disarray.

The 9-73 record.

There are too many good teams now in the West for anyone to go 72-10 IMHO.

Boston were the closest you're probably going to have, and they're not going to get it.

Miami are going to get pretty close to that record, once they decide to shut down Wade, and trade Haslem.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
72 and 10 wont ever fall, at least not in my life time. That's the best basketball team you will ever see.

never say never, it's impossible to know what the future holds. look at how close New England was to a perfect season, who knows if that's the closest a football team will come again or not.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
Ouch, now the Suns have to face a guy they dealt for salary cap space.

What happened to Barry? He seemed to be a pretty solid role player during his time with the Spurs. Did he fall out of favor or was a player of KT's mold more needed?

Also, I must have missed it. When the hell was Bibby traded to the Hawks?

Edited by SoxFanForever

Udoka's replaced Barry in the Spurs rotation.

Sounds as if we had an offer on table for Thomas also (I'm guessing Arroyo + Garrity + Augustine + future 1st).

We might turn out attention to either Wilcox or Haslem now.

But a good move for the Spurs. Thomas can defend, Shaq, Gasol, Bynum etc. in the playoffs, and that will help Duncan immensely to focus on the offensive end more.

What a fantastic game in Phoenix, but the Lakers just too good fro the Suns. Phoenix ends up 1-3 against LA, 0-2 in Phoenix, and their only win was a close game after Bynum was hurt and before Gasol arrived. Lakers have to be the favorites in the West right now, despite the fact that everybody will use the "Shaq isn't in sync with the Suns" excuse I'm sure on the boo yah network. He had 15 and 9 though, L.A. is just a better team.