2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone compared Carl Landry to a poor man's Charles Barkley, and that's actually a pretty good comparison.

I think after Yao went down, they'd struggle, but Dikembe Mutombo has come in, and they haven't missed a beat. Rick Adelman is a damn good coach.

Also, I'm getting sick of experts saying only 3 teams can win the East, Boston, Detroit or Cleveland.

Orlando has 2-1 records over Boston and Detroit, while Cleveland's struggling to fit all of the new guys in.

If Turk and Lewis are knocking down 3 pointers in the playoffs, why can't they win the East?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 11:03 PM)
Someone compared Carl Landry to a poor man's Charles Barkley, and that's actually a pretty good comparison.

I think after Yao went down, they'd struggle, but Dikembe Mutombo has come in, and they haven't missed a beat. Rick Adelman is a damn good coach.

Also, I'm getting sick of experts saying only 3 teams can win the East, Boston, Detroit or Cleveland.

Orlando has 2-1 records over Boston and Detroit, while Cleveland's struggling to fit all of the new guys in.

If Turk and Lewis are knocking down 3 pointers in the playoffs, why can't they win the East?

Ehh, the experts are naturally going to ignore you guys because Cleveland and Detroit have been there, and Boston has the big 3. But of course you guys can win, with 3 point shooting and a dominant big, who knows.

And I have no idea what I'd want for Tyrus, I have no clue what his value is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 12:03 AM)

You guys still have the curse of the T-Mac. :P My friend is still pissed at him for that as you guys haven't won a playoff series since.

I'm getting excited for the Bulls/Magic game in April. I've never been to a Bulls game and now I'll finally get to go (too bad it's in Orlando).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
Also if Thomas was dealt (which may look likely at this stage, depends if a new coach was hired in the off-season etc.), what would Bulls fans want in return for him?

I'd be hoping for a lottery pick since he was one, but I'd have no clue if he's even shown enough to be worth that.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
I'd be hoping for a lottery pick since he was one, but I'd have no clue if he's even shown enough to be worth that.

I wouldn't want to give up Thomas unless it was in a trade for an actual, proven All Star.

I forgot to mention this a few nights ago, but I was watching a Utah Jazz game online and David Stern was in Salt Lake City. He was on the halftime report show and they were talking about him wanting to make 5 teams over in Europe. Stern said his plan was to have them alternate conferences every year meaning one year they'd play in the East and the next in the West and so on. One of the guys asked him how this is going to affect the playoffs and Stern said kind of dumbfoundedly that there would still be 8 teams for each conference. Basically one year there will be 20 teams trying for 8 spots, the next year 15 teams trying, although stern said 16 for some reason. Anyways I think this plan is kind of stupid alternating conferences.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
Also if Thomas was dealt (which may look likely at this stage, depends if a new coach was hired in the off-season etc.), what would Bulls fans want in return for him?

LaMarcus Aldridge.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
I wouldn't want to give up Thomas unless it was in a trade for an actual, proven All Star.

I'd gladly ship him out for anything that doesn't have their head stuck so far up their ass that they could see their own lungs.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
LaMarcus Aldridge.

I'd gladly ship him out for anything that doesn't have their head stuck so far up their ass that they could see their own lungs.

Well.. you've always hated Thomas. :P You know my stance on the guy (S-T-U-D)

I'll keep saying this. If we trade T2, we will seriously regret it. (3X worse than Chandler, who many claim is great)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
Well.. you've always hated Thomas. :P You know my stance on the guy (S-T-U-D)

I'll keep saying this. If we trade T2, we will seriously regret it. (3X worse than Chandler, who many claim is great)

Talentwise, I agree with you. However, contrary to popular belief, Tyson had a very good attitude and seemed like a legit good guy in the locker room, whereas Tyrus is causing all kinds of hell and skipping practice just because he feels like it. Tyrus hasn't earned the right to be a little b**** like that (to say the least), so although I think his talent might haunt us in a trade, you could make the case for dumping him due to his attitude alone (which again, contrary to popular belief, wasn't the case with Tyson at all).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
Talentwise, I agree with you. However, contrary to popular belief, Tyson had a very good attitude and seemed like a legit good guy in the locker room, whereas Tyrus is causing all kinds of hell and skipping practice just because he feels like it. Tyrus hasn't earned the right to be a little b**** like that (to say the least), so although I think his talent might haunt us in a trade, you could make the case for dumping him due to his attitude alone (which again, contrary to popular belief, wasn't the case with Tyson at all).

Tyson didn't have a good attitude. He tuned out the coach. When asked to spend summers in Chicago to train, he would say he was going home and working on his game out in California. Every single year he would say he was going to get bigger and how he was working on a jumpshot and his offense, and when he would come back, he didn't improve on any areas. He was all talk in Chicago. Now, I won't say Chicago is at fault for his development either because they kept the coaches from the Tim Floyd era(Still have them might I add) which was completely stupid and never hired a big man coach. Tyson and Eddy looked like they were on their way with Bill, but he really couldn't work with them as much as he should have. Tyson's improvement would have never happened in Chicago though, so I don't know why people don't get that aspect. Nothing ever clicked. He needed a kick in the ass, and leaving a city he loved in Chicago where he thought he was entitled was that. It also doesn't hurt when he goes from the massively overrated Kirk Hinrich as his PG to Chris Paul who could make the fattest person on this site look great because of his playmaking ability.

And for those that say we should've gotten better value for him, I say not really. He had a terrible year his last year here, his contract was huge as it is, and he wasn't earning it. And he was becoming injury prone.

Until the Bulls hire a legit big man coach, get rid of all these terrible assistant coaches and get a real head coach along with a superstar type player(cough OJ Mayo), Tyrus and anyone else we obtain as a big is failed to not reach his potential.

Ben Gordon and Duhon and Shannon Brown all seen laughing and having a good time as tonight's loss wrapped up. I mean, we know they don't care and Paxson's "high character" team is actually full of a bunch of slugs who don't care, but it's pretty pathetic to see it like that.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)
Wade finally going to shut it down for the season,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3286076

Now the question is, with Beasley as the obvious top choice in the draft, do the Heat draft Beasley and try to re-sign Marion?

Wade, Marion, Beasley at 2,3,4 might be interesting to watch.

IMO, Marion would be an idiot to actually opt out of his deal. Yes, he could get a longer deal, but no one but Philly and the Grizz have the cap space to actually try to sign him, the Grizz probably won't use their cap space, there are a half dozen other names on the market who will be competing with him for that money (Iguodala, Agent Zero, Brand, etc.)

He'd be vastly smarter, IMO, to either play out next season, take the nearly $20 million he'll get for that, maybe make a splash away from Steve Nash but with Wade on his squad, and either try to find someone with more cap room at the end of the 09 season or get lucky and find someone who can pull off the sign/trade with him beforehand.

Marion won't opt out. He won't get anything close to 17M on the open market currently.

Miami might try to use him in a sign and trade deal with Elton Brand possibly.

But Marion's ending deal would be quite the trading chip at the next trade deadline.

Grizzlies are likely to sign Gordon I'd say.

ATM, Marion needs to prove he can play without a stud PG giving him the ball. His overall numbers are down a little IIRC since he joined Miami.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
Is there any chance at all the Bulls get involved and try to work a sign and trade for Brand. He seems like a perfect fit in Chicago.

Getting the "El" train back would be awesome.

f***ing Krause... :stick

I love me some Hedo;

Half time, he has 17 points, 10 assists, and 6 rebounds. Dwight has 19 and 6 boards, Magic scored 74 points in the 1st half against Atlanta. They’re on pace for 150.

As for Brand, it's possible, but the Clippers would probably want Gordon + Thomas maybe? Still if I'm the Bulls, that's a no brainer right there.

But you have to remember, they have to re-sign Deng, and with the Larry Hughes acquisition, I think they'll be over the luxury tax if they acquired Brand also.

Also there was a column by Charles Rosen, that said Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA today? I figure that would cause a bit of discussion.

Chris Paul was #2 IIRC, with Nash #3.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
Also there was a column by Charles Rosen, that said Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA today? I figure that would cause a bit of discussion.

Chris Paul was #2 IIRC, with Nash #3.

No doubt IMO it's Paul. If I had a vote he'd also be my MVP.