2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

Saw the Magic vs. Hornets today.

CP3 was terrible for 3 quarters, and then got hot on the pick and roll in the 4th. If Dwight came out to guard him, he'd throw alley oops to Chandler, otherwise he'd shoot little jumpers.

Need better defensive play at the G spots still. And someone who can rebound besides Dwight.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oH DARN, the Bulls are now officially out of the playoffs after losing to the Dwayne wade-less, Shaq-less, Shawn Marion-less, Blake Ahearn led Heat.

If anyone heard kirk hinrichs comments after the game, the guy has to go. I always had his back, but I have NEVER seen a player give up as much as he has and act like its no big deal. Chicago just aint his type of town

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 07:47 AM)
oH DARN, the Bulls are now officially out of the playoffs after losing to the Dwayne wade-less, Shaq-less, Shawn Marion-less, Blake Ahearn led Heat.

If anyone heard kirk hinrichs comments after the game, the guy has to go. I always had his back, but I have NEVER seen a player give up as much as he has and act like its no big deal. Chicago just aint his type of town

As much as I don't want to care, what did he say?

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
Bulls only lost by 32 to the Magic today.

Only.

Yeah, I was there for my first NBA game...

I gota say I was disappointed with the Amway Arena. We got their as soon as the gates were open and the floors were already sticky everywhere you'd go. Also, this is a small complaint, but there are no cup holders on the seats (no wonder the floor was sticky, I guess they never mop?). I also don't like how both levels have to jam into one concourse (it was hell walking through there). There are some other things, but I guess I was just expecting a little bit better arena. I guess this is why they are getting a new one though. I did enjoy their fan interactions though, they were pretty enjoyable.

One last thought, Dwight is awesome.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
As much as I don't want to care, what did he say?

It was more the tone of his voice than anything. You could tell he was looking at his shoes when he said it, and he was mumbling

This is from the chicagosports.com "The Bulls are mathematically eliminated" article

Hinrich's gaze never left his shoes as he spoke.

"We lost our identity to what got us here," he said. "So whatever happens this off-season, we have to find a way to get back our edge. We need to become a better defensive team. The better teams in the league, those that compete for a championship, almost always are the best defensive teams

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
Yeah, I was there for my first NBA game...

I gota say I was disappointed with the Amway Arena. We got their as soon as the gates were open and the floors were already sticky everywhere you'd go. Also, this is a small complaint, but there are no cup holders on the seats (no wonder the floor was sticky, I guess they never mop?). I also don't like how both levels have to jam into one concourse (it was hell walking through there). There are some other things, but I guess I was just expecting a little bit better arena. I guess this is why they are getting a new one though. I did enjoy their fan interactions though, they were pretty enjoyable.

One last thought, Dwight is awesome.

Yeah that arena's become a bit of a joke really, hence why they're getting a new one as you said.

And even J.J Redick got an appearance, so that's saying something of how lopsided the game was.

Thank God the Bulls are done playing Cleveland (who SUCKS, sorry LeBron). Despite being outscored 30-18 in the 4th as the Bulls often do suck in that period, the losers in red and white won an unfortunate affair 100-95. Every win hurts, and could be the difference between a good player and garbage. :(

Nutty Bulls game tonight, it was 81-71 Bulls at the half so the 151-135 final was a slight decrease in 2nd half pace. That win might put them ahead of Charlotte in record though. :(

On a side note, I hadn't got to posting this, but a friend of mine and I saw Chris Duhon at a bar downtown at 3:30 in the morning on Saturday (it'd be 3:30 am Sunday at that point, but you see what I mean). I was just laughing, some people never learn.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
On a side note, I hadn't got to posting this, but a friend of mine and I saw Chris Duhon at a bar downtown at 3:30 in the morning on Saturday (it'd be 3:30 am Sunday at that point, but you see what I mean). I was just laughing, some people never learn.

At least he calls a cab.

The Magic plays the Raps in the 1st round. Unfortunately, I think this has upset written all over it.

Dwight Howard can't guard Chris Bosh. But if Bosh goes inside if you put Rashard Lewis on him, he's too big.

And Jose Calderon is just going to torch Jameer Nelson on the pick and roll with Bosh, I just know it.

From Peter Vecsey;

Showing no onions or the ability to identify new head-coaching substance, the decision makers at Milwaukee, Memphis and Chicago are rounding up the same old suspects as replacements either because they're managing scared or they're appeasing owrnership.

The names rollirng off the lips of Sen. Herb Kohl, Michael Heisley and Jerry Reinsdorf are almost Identical - Larry Brown, Scott Skiles, Rick Carlisle, Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Fratello. The above owners may not insist (newly appointed GM) John Hammond, Chris Wallace (if not supplanted by Next Town) and John Paxson hire their exact choicer, but, guaranteed, it'll turn out to be one of those five; Heisley is the lone owner of the three looking to do things relatively on the cheap.

Carlisle would be my guess for the Bulls, although I think JVG would be a good choice, with Fratello as the wild card.