2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CP3's going to kill Jason Kidd this series. Hornets in 5.

Phoenix needs to steal a game in San Antonio to have any chance. Fantastic game today though, heard there was quite a bit of flopping though.

If Utah can win this game in Houston, they're up by 6 at half-time, they'll win the series. Almost unbeatable at home this season.

Utah is my sleeper team to win it all.

They'll probably have the beat the Lakers next round, but they do have some favorable matchups. Williams is better than Fisher, while if Kirilenko plays as well as he did tonight, he's better than Walton / Radmanovic.

They made it to the conference finals last season also, so they've been there before.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
Yes indeed. He'll be great for that team.

The good news? If Paxson fails in finding a coach that can take advantage of the talent on the Bulls roster, this gets the Bulls a higher draft pick next year, because Skiles is certainly good enough to get that team a few more wins on his own.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
The good news? If Paxson fails in finding a coach that can take advantage of the talent on the Bulls roster, this gets the Bulls a higher draft pick next year, because Skiles is certainly good enough to get that team a few more wins on his own.

I love it when you analyze...

I don't want to jinx the Jazz, but this series is done.

As far as T-Mac, no clue. I heard last year and this year are the only two years he's had home court advantage in the playoffs. The Jazz beat them last year playing against Yao Ming who was dominate in the series. This year the Jazz are better than last year and are playing the Rockets without Yao. Even though the Rockets had homecourt advantage I think most people predicted the Jazz to win the series anyways. I know there are a lot of ifs and stuff in the season, but the Jazz started off 16-16 and ended 53-29, they would've been the number 1 seed had they not gotten into a slump in December. They could've also been the number 1 seed had they not lost to Minnesota twice on the road, and New York on the road this year so it goes both ways.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
I don't want to jinx the Jazz, but this series is done.

As far as T-Mac, no clue. I heard last year and this year are the only two years he's had home court advantage in the playoffs. The Jazz beat them last year playing against Yao Ming who was dominate in the series. This year the Jazz are better than last year and are playing the Rockets without Yao. Even though the Rockets had homecourt advantage I think most people predicted the Jazz to win the series anyways. I know there are a lot of ifs and stuff in the season, but the Jazz started off 16-16 and ended 53-29, they would've been the number 1 seed had they not gotten into a slump in December. They could've also been the number 1 seed had they not lost to Minnesota twice on the road, and New York on the road this year so it goes both ways.

The only year where T-Mac has been a favorite to advance out of the 1st round was last year. He didn't shoot the ball well in that series but still averaged 25/6/7. The year Orlando blew the 3-1 lead against Detroit, Detroit clearly was the better team and T-Mac's supporting case freaking sucked and he was great in that series. . Really his supporting cast was terrible the whole time he was in Orlando. They lost in 7 against a superior Mavericks team a couple of years ago. So really I would say the only year you can really fault him at all would be last year against Utah and even then I think Utah is the better team. This year they just don't have a chance without Yao. The fact that they won as many games as they did shows what type of player he is.

I dont like the prospect of a college coach jumping to the NBA like this. It rarely works, and recently it has been one disaster after another. It seems the guys who pay their dues by working their way up as assistants in the NBA fare much better than the guys who jump straight to head coach

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:08 AM)
That would be cool and all*, but I hope it doesn't happen. I love Izzo at MSU, and I'm excited for the future of the conference, now that everyone has a quality coach at the helm.

*Not a Bulls fan.

Weber is not Quality.