2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've long felt the Bulls have the athletes to run a high tempo offense. The question is really do we have the natural point guard to do it. I don't know if Hinrich is that guy and I don't know if the Bulls could find that guy in the draft. However, isn't Calderon a free agent. Could it be possible to work something out to get him in and try to run a high tempo offense under D'Antonio.

I'd like it. The only guy that probably would'nt fit so much in the system would be Drew Gooden (and obviously Aaron Gray).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
... to tell them good job for letting him go. He's the last guy I'd want.

On paper he's a solid coach, he can probably coach a defense well, but his offenses have run as slow as any team in the league in the time he's been at dallas, IIRC.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
Man, the Celtics/Hawks game is just turning into a technical foul disaster at the end here.

Because Atlanta wants to play thug instead of playing basketball. Only way they can get to Boston. Some of their behavior is embarassing.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
I think Caron Butler should have been allowed to take more steps on his game winner tonight. That dribbling thing is for losers.

Kind of like LeBron's 5 stepper a couple of years ago against the Wizards.

David Stern, the hypocrite:

Last year, he takes a rule literally, suspending Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw for "leaving the bench", even though they came nowhere near the fray and went maybe 15 to 20 feet towards a scrum about 50 feet away that didnt even have punches thrown or otherwise.

This year, Kevin Garnett shoves a ref, and no suspension. Sure, he might not have known it was referee (I don't buy that), but he still shoved a ref. What happened to "taking a rule literally" and "no wiggle room" David?

If David Stern wants people to stop saying his league is fixed, he should stop acting like it is with his rulings. Last year, he wanted the team that is a global bastion for the league with players from all over, and has lots of people who stay out of trouble to continue their dynasty, and this year he wants Lakers/Celtics. AWFUL.

(Btw, side note, the no call on Butler's walk this year just evens it up for the walk LeBron got away with last year. Unless David Stern is making the ruling, things tend to even out).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
David Stern, the hypocrite:

Last year, he takes a rule literally, suspending Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw for "leaving the bench", even though they came nowhere near the fray and went maybe 15 to 20 feet towards a scrum about 50 feet away that didnt even have punches thrown or otherwise.

This year, Kevin Garnett shoves a ref, and no suspension. Sure, he might not have known it was referee (I don't buy that), but he still shoved a ref. What happened to "taking a rule literally" and "no wiggle room" David?

If David Stern wants people to stop saying his league is fixed, he should stop acting like it is with his rulings. Last year, he wanted the team that is a global bastion for the league with players from all over, and has lots of people who stay out of trouble to continue their dynasty, and this year he wants Lakers/Celtics. AWFUL.

(Btw, side note, the no call on Butler's walk this year just evens it up for the walk LeBron got away with last year. Unless David Stern is making the ruling, things tend to even out).

Not only that, but there was video of Kendrick Perkins leaving the bench ala Stoudemire and Diaw that game...if I can find a link, i'll post it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 1, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
I've DVR'd that series all week.

Right now on my DVR for my amusement are all 6 championships...

I think I have VHS of at least two of those...somewhere.