World Series: Red Sox v. Rockies

Gregory Pratt

Ha. The execs at Fox were most likely wetting themselves with excitement when when Boston won the ALCS, but their ratings will suck if this is a blowout.

Although...

The [Red] Sox's 13 runs set a franchise record for any Series game. The 12-run victory margin was the biggest in a Game 1; the 1996 Braves (12-1) and 1959 White Sox (11-0) had the previous records. Both lost the Series in six games.

http://www.courant.com/sports/baseball/hc-...0,5256941.story

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you will, but I think this series can go either way. What hurt the rockies more then anything was that lay over, 8 days is a ridiculous amount of time to have off and try and stay hot.

What the Rockies need tonight is a dominate start from Jimenez. If not, then this series is over.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
Say what you will, but I think this series can go either way. What hurt the rockies more then anything was that lay over, 8 days is a ridiculous amount of time to have off and try and stay hot.

What the Rockies need tonight is a dominate start from Jimenez. If not, then this series is over.

The 8 game layoff should hurt the hitting timing, but I am not buying the pitching part. Our pitchers in 05, like Garland sat around for a long time because of how quick we ended our series. Remember Garland didnt pitch in the DS, and then didnt pitch until game 4 in the CS. Freddy also had some time off. The pitched pretty well in those playoffs.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 02:08 PM)
The 8 game layoff should hurt the hitting timing, but I am not buying the pitching part. Our pitchers in 05, like Garland sat around for a long time because of how quick we ended our series. Remember Garland didnt pitch in the DS, and then didnt pitch until game 4 in the CS. Freddy also had some time off. The pitched pretty well in those playoffs.

Actually, if you recall, it was sort of a miracle that JG pitched as well as he did in Game 3 vs. the Halos. HE came out with absolutely nothing offspeed working. He couldn't even throw the 2 seamer for a strike, and that's been his bread and butter. He got through that game by somehow finding a 94-95 mph fastball, totally changing what he usually does, and shutting them down with that. I still don't know how he did it. You could clearly see how rusty he was; somehow he was just good enough to adapt.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
Thanks to Jacoby Ellsbury stealing a base in the 4th inning of this game, Taco Bell is going to give a free taco to anyone who shows up between 2 and 5 on October 30th.

"90 ft. to free tacos..."

+

"Run for the border"

+

Steals

I mean, if you're TB, is this really the promo you want to sign up for?