World Series: Red Sox v. Rockies

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
That. I want a "real" world series this year. The Cuban national team would have to put up a better fight than this.

You see Josh Fogg starting game 3, and you wonder how the AL-NL split gets to this...

When Byrnes is the number 3 hitter on the other NLCS team. Its amazing.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
Ha it'll be interesting to see what they do...

1107_large.jpg

Exactly. If there was anytime where the NFL should get the cover over the World Series champ, it would be this year. 8-0 vs 8-0 with NE looking completely unstoppable.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
Give the Red Sox credit. Nobody predicted a sweep. They were that good this series and pretty much the best team in baseball all year.
Cleveland would have probably swept them as well. That layoff must of killed them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
Well, that was boring as hell. Outside of Buehrle's no-hitter, Bonds record breaking homer, Thome's 500th homer, and Lilly's glove throw, this was about the most boring baseball season of my life.

Completely agree. Out of the 7 series, only two went more than the minimum. By far the worst postseason since the playoffs expanded. And I also thought it was a s***ty season.

I am glad the Red Sox won, as the NL still hasn't won back to back titles since 79-82. I'm also a big Terry Francona fan.