Who Ya Rooting For?

soxfan3530

World Series Poll  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be cheering for in the World Series?

• Red Sox
    • Rockies
    • Who cares?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
I voted for the Red Sox.

American League loyalty and karma.

We won it the year after they did and will again next year.

I was thinking the same thing... can their be a Red Sox- White Sox pattern?

1917 White Sox- 1918 Red Sox

2004 Red Sox- 2005 White Sox

2007 Red Sox?- 2008 White Sox?

Hmmmm baseball sure is a sport based on unique patterns and trends.. it would be creepy as hell if this one happened.

The Rockies story is a great one for baseball, but the Red Sox will absolutley kill these guys.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't buy that the Red Sox are absolutely that much better than the Rockies. The Red Sox have the obvious advantage at Fenway, but the Rockies also have an obvious advantage at Coors, not only because they are used to pitching in the thin air, but because the Red Sox are almost assured of losing either a .390 OBP, an .880 bat, Papi, who arguably had the best year of his career, or a huge amount of defense (I've seen people suggest putting Youkilis in the outfield, Lowell at SS, or Pedroia at SS with Youkilis at 2B). The Rockies are set in that regard.

It also seems readily apparent to me that the Rockies are polar opposites in the field compared to Cleveland.

There are two reasons why the Rockies cruised through the NL; one is because the NL is absolutely terrible, but the second is that they are a very good team.

It should be an interesting series; I see Colorado stealing one in Boston, and then not letting it get back to Boston. However, I truly believe that if this series goes back to Boston for 6 and 7, Red Sox win, and thus, I'd be very surprised if the team that wins doesn't win it at home.

Rockies. It's completely unf'ingbearable living here in New England right now. Between the Red Sox, Pats, and now the Celtics (and worst of all, the fans themselves), I just can NOT take it. I've proudly hung up a Rockies sign outside my lab alongside my vandalized White Sox sign... can't wait to see what cleverness will befall it.

Rockies in 4 I hope. It'd be cool to see a young homegrown team go on the greatest run in professional sports history to win the WS. If Boston wins, does nothing really. Colorado winning would be something special and fun to witness.

I Never gave the Rockies an outside chance until the end of the season when they beat San Diego. They have contiued making outside chances through the playoffs and now everyone must realize the Rockies are Real no matter how much Gammons and company sing the praises of the Bosox it will be Rockies taking home that ugly winning trophy to Colorado in 5.. Boston will beat themselves like all the rest of the Rockies opponents have.. You can't beat charmed. go rockies

I'm rooting for the Rockies mainly because I hate the obnoxiousness of Red Sox fans. It really doesn't help that one of the guys I live with is from Boston, and I'll have to deal with all his bulls*** for the entire year with the Red Sox, Pats, and Celtics (okay, maybe not) all having a legit chance at winning championships.

As much as I hate the Red Sox and especially their fandom, it's not to the same level of contempt that I have for the Yankees and the Flubs and their stupid fans. I have tried to pull for the Rockies but it just doesn't work. It's not real. I'm American League through and through and deep down, I'm glad to see the American League dominate.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 09:24 AM)
As much as I hate the Red Sox and especially their fandom, it's not to the same level of contempt that I have for the Yankees and the Flubs and their stupid fans. I have tried to pull for the Rockies but it just doesn't work. It's not real. I'm American League through and through and deep down, I'm glad to see the American League dominate.

I think the league allegiance thing will die with our generation. Interleague play, the internet, satellite TV, mlb-TV, all kind of chip away at those old allegiances.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
I think the league allegiance thing will die with our generation. Interleague play, the internet, satellite TV, mlb-TV, all kind of chip away at those old allegiances.

How true. As much a hardcore White Sox fan as my son is, he's for the Rockies and he means it.